or Connect

Posts by AKA_PI

Since my son has started Pre-K, he crashes and burns at naptime due to going 200 mph during the day. I also noticed that now at 4, rarely does he want to take weekend naps so I don't push it. Try eliminating the nap and having her play outside to run that energy out. That may help with getting her to bed easily. All that fresh air and running around works wonders with wearing kids down.
My son is 4 and will not poop in the toilet either. He has even gotten to the point that he will go get a pull-up himself (we're still working on nighttime training), put it on, poop and let you know he needs to be cleaned up. He has this fear of the toilet for pooping but he will pee all day in it. I'm at my wits end. I'm trying not to stress about it too much and let him do it when he feels comfortable but he starts Kindergarten next year and we don't keep this up...
I also posted this under 'Toddlers'     I had an interesting convo with my son's pre-k teacher this morning.    He recently turned 4 (less than 3 weeks ago) and she mentioned that he is having a hard time following directions and sitting still for longer than 20 (which is what he should be able to do). He doesn't want to do the activities and he is very vocal about not wanting to do something - which is a total shift in his personality.    Additionally, she...
I had an interesting convo with my son's pre-k teacher this morning.    He recently turned 4 (less than 3 weeks ago) and she mentioned that he is having a hard time following directions and sitting still for longer than 20 (which is what he should be able to do). He doesn't want to do the activities and he is very vocal about not wanting to do something.    Additionally, she said that he is on overdrive from the time he gets in the classroom until nap when he...
Not at all LOL
My 3 year old has to be the pickest eater ever LOL He currently list of loves are: berries (of any kind), chicken, steak, shrimp, mussels, crab meat, sausage, bacon, peas, corn, green beans (craved these when I was pregnant with him), strawberries (his addicition), french fries, mac and cheese, bananas, oranges, basically any fruit there is.   I try to introduce new foods in a fun way but he seems to figure out after a few bites (and me trying it hide it mixed in...
I've tried that (his entire room is done in Toy Story) and he still doesn't want to stay. We fell in asleep together in his bed the other night and he ended up in mybed around 3am, which was fine. I guess because he was too tired he didn't bother to fight me about it. I'm considering sleeping on an air mattress in his room until he starts to stay all night.    On the other hand, my son has NEVER slept through the night (ever!) so I don't know how much help that might...
...he starts rubbing his eyes and staring off into space. ...comes over to me and says " I wanna hold you mommy". ...when he says, mommy I go get in my bed (he NEVER goes straight to his bed unless he's sleepy. Ever). ...he lies on the couch to watch tv. Any other time he's standing up acting out scenes. ...when he asks for his blanket. 
My son is 3 and he still naps at daycare but I don't push them too much on the weekends. If he gets really cranky and whiny I know he needs to lay down for a bit. If he seems ok. I don't push him but I do move bedtime up at least 30 minutes so he can get some extra sleep at night. 
The toddler potty was such a waste of money for us. We bought the seat that fits on to the regular toilet instead and my son started going that way. I guess because they use regular toilets at daycare, he was accustomed to that. I wanted to keep things as consistent at possible.