or Connect

Posts by AKA_PI

To get my son to brush his teeth, I have put a stepstool at the sink for him to stand on and given him a toothbrush with his favorite characters. I made a toothbrushing song which goes: "This is how we brush our teeth (shish shish shish [we brush the front our teeth]); open wide and brush our teeth (ah ah ah ah [as we open our mouths wide and brush our teeth])." It sounds lame but it works. He loves the song and tries to sing along with me as he brushes. LOL    Maybe...
My son is finally playing soccer! I am so excited about this. If you're like me and have a busy body 3 year old, then this is the perfect solution to do something with all that energy. Tuesday was the first day and he loved it. We were so proud watching him run with the kids and play. I also found out that the organization that goes the lessons offers them at his daycare center during the day too.  So he is now taking lessons on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays.    I...
My little guy is 3 and we've had the mealltime battle too. When we get home from daycare at 4:30, I normally let him have a light snack (fruit, dry cereal, or popcorn) while I start dinner. Dinner is sometime between 6-630. Now that he's playing soccer his appetite has shot up even more.    I would say start with a light snack, then let her eat dinner in pieces. Maybe she'll eat the veggies first and then come back later for the meat and finish it off with some...
My son has recently turned 3 and bedtime is becoming a struggle. For one, it takes him almost an hour to fall asleep. He tosses and turns so much! Also, his bed is in my bedroom (his room is on the other end of the house and I don't like for us to be far apart) and he won't sleep in it all night. I put him into his toddler bed and he goes to sleep there. I will wake up at 2am and find him in bed with me.    I'm trying to get him to stay in his own bed but he's just...
Has anyone else tried this?
My little guy is almost 3 and just recently hit 28 pounds. It's funny because he was stuck at 21 for months. I didn't stress because he is a great eater but is very active and probably has a fast metabolism like his dad.
It has taken me 2.5 years to figure out that one of the reasons I'm not losing weight the way I want to is that I'm sleep deprived. My little guy is 2.5 and still wakes up every night  every.single.night. It's rare that I get a night when he sleep the whole night. Lately I've noticed that he's been pretty congested and I'm going to sum that up to reason why he's waking up every 30 minutes but I can't take it anymore.   Some nights he just wakes up whining and crying...
Thanks for all your suggestions and insight. I feel pretty good that I'm showing and exposing my little one the right things. I'm teaching him to put away his laundry now (which he loves to do) and he's already dressing himself. I also let him help me cook and get his own snacks out of the fridge. Lately we've been playing with dominoes and I'm teaching him how to line them up and push them down. I used to love doing that as a kid so I'm hoping he will love it too.
My little guy is two and seems pretty advanced in terms of learning. He can dress himself, brush his teeth, open the fridge for snacks, can name all of his body parts, sign to you and speak some Spanish. I was just wondering, what exactly should a two year old know at this point? This is the same child who still wakes up in the middle of the night and will potty at school but not at home.    He knows his numbers and can spell the first 3 letters of his name but I...
My little guy pops up at 7:30 am regardless what time he goes to bed. Some mornings (like this morning) he's up at 5 am. I normally turn on cartoons and make him stay in his bed. He usually falls right back asleep about 30 minutes later. On the weekend, I'm not so lucky so I'm forced to get up at 7:15-7:30 with him until he goes down for his nap between Noon and 1.