or Connect

Posts by clarissaM

Hi, Rachel! My experience was great. The midwife who delivered my DD was Mary Lou Kopas. Awesome, intuitive woman. I arrived at the hospital in transition and was immediately taken from triage (where Mary Lou had no problem with me laboring on the floor on hands and knees) to a LDR room. When I arrived in the room, she and the nurses had arranged all of the couch pillows on the floor so that I could labor on hands and knees on the floor in my preferred position. I pushed,...
Hi, Rachel! My experience was great. The midwife who delivered my DD was Mary Lou Kopas. Awesome, intuitive woman. I arrived at the hospital in transition and was immediately taken from triage (where Mary Lou had no problem with me laboring on the floor on hands and knees) to a LDR room. When I arrived in the room, she and the nurses had arranged all of the couch pillows on the floor so that I could labor on hands and knees on the floor in my preferred position. I pushed,...
I need some ENCOURAGING stories about natural births at Valley Medical Center in Renton. Any mamas out there who've had a GOOD (somewhat recent) experience with the midwives who deliver there? I'm almost 30wks along and am really confused about providers. I've seen 3+ different ones in various places during this pregnancy and can't seem to feel at peace about my options.   Thanks :) 
Thanks for your responses! So helpful! As for why I was headed to Seattle ... I found out I was pregnant about a month after we moved here, and a friend (in Kirkland) recommended Cindie Brown, so that's where I have been going. But I birth quickly, and am thinking I won't make it to either Group Health or the PSBC in enough time (and the midwives wont come as far south as Auburn for a homebirth).    Nancy Spencer's birth center is about 15 minutes from my house, but...
Could anyone give recommendations of quiet, family-friendly communities in the South Sound area? I find I'm always going up to the Seattle area (we're currently down by Puyallup) for natural-type stuff (food stores, midwife, etc), and I'd love to be closer to all of that while still keeping DH's commute decent. He's in Federal Way.   Looking for anyone's thoughts on places like Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, etc ... or others that might be a better fit for...
Hi! We just moved here two months ago from a progressive community in the Chicago suburbs, and I'm feeling kind of lost in Auburn. (We came sight-unseen, and we're renting a home our realtor chose for us in Lakeland Hills). We try to live really simply (delayed vaxing, homeschool, no television, quiet religious life), and I don't know the first place to meet people who have the same values of simplicity that we do. Add to that, I just found out I'm pregnant with our...
What a cool way to celebrate International Fair Trade Day! Visit Ten Thousand Villages in Glen Ellyn, IL for Fair Trade Storytime! 10:30-noon (storytime begins at 10:30 and at 11:15) Saturday, May 8 499 Pennsylvania Ave Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 630-790-1166 Join us for fair trade storytime! Learn more about fair trade through fun stories and activities. Browse our collection of handcrafted goods made fairly all over the world! Celebrate Fair Trade Day with us!...
If I wasn't already feeling like I'd be pregnant forever (due Mon), DD and DS have both gotten the sickies in the last 24 hours -- fever, vomiting, argh. Just had to vent a bit
I'm wondering if I should bother writing a birth plan this time around. My first pg, I was all idealistic and wrote this glorious birth plan that got totally thrown to the side after I never progressed at the hospital. Second pg, I never bothered with a birth plan and didn't deliver in a hospital anyways, so it didn't really matter. And it was a wonderful birth. Third time around? Not sure what to do. I'm planning on delivering in a hospital and have leftover anxiety...
all my babes have been persistently posterior, and though my doula rotated this babe on friday, he's back to where he's apparently most comfy - posterior again. argh! i know it's still early to settle in, but i'd just feel better if he'd get anterior and stay that way!