or Connect

Posts by clarissaM

my DD's first babysitter's name was eunice, and we adored her. so i guess i'm a bit biased. DH and i even considered it for a middle name if we were having a girl.
I know this is an old thread, but I had brown spotting today. my midwife offered the u/s but I opted out. (I have an appt on Tuesday, so I figured I could just get one then.) Am I nutty? My husband leaves for an international business trip for 2 weeks on Monday, and he said he wanted to be with me if it was bad news. Should I schedule one for tomorrow? I just sort of felt if this is the end, my body will tell me in its own time. But I want to respect his feelings too. I...
hurray! we're expecting #3 in mid-may!
you can do it! it's amazing how love can expand your heart. as for co-sleeping, DS slept with us until 10.5mo and then we sensed he and DD should be together. moved him into her room with her, he in a crib and her in her bed, and after a couple weeks of adjusting they are inseparable. every morning he wakes her up at 6:50 sharp by standing up in his crib and "singing" to her. over the baby monitor we hear them jumping on their respective beds and laughing together in...
my situation was exactly the same with DD, and we let the ILs run all over us -- bring us meals ... and then stay to eat them! come for a "visit" and then never leave, even when i had retreated as a hormonal mess to the bedroom. (my ILs lived 5 minutes from the hospital we delivered at). the second time around we were more purposeful about giving them opportunities to be involved - on our terms. certainly gender and naming is totally your territory, but i think your mom...
hiya, we are the type who need to decide early (and brace ourselves to tell the extended family) ... girl: Eowyn Therese boy: Ethan Walter (it bugs me that 'ethan' is so popular now, but we're just not very good at picking boy names)
music is such a great idea! even tho DS loves to dance to it, it had totally slipped my mind! and yes, if i could find a *manly* doll, i think MIL would dig it ... i have no problem working within constraints like that that make others comfortable, as long as there are no weapons, etc to accompany the toy. thanx so much!!
hi, i mostly lurk here but was wondering how you're all responding to gift requests for birthday time? DS and big sister have so much stuff that I don't even know how to respond except for "no gifts please!" -- which hasn't gotten a good reception from DH and my families in general. i asked for gently used books for DD's b'day in august, but i'm not sure what's age appropriate for DS at 1. he really loves baby dolls (the kind with the plastic faces), but i know if i told...
Quote: Originally Posted by dawncayden WOW, thats pretty intense. I'm reading Sleepless in AMerica, she is making a link between sleep problems and meltdowns, she also wrote the book Raising Your Spirited Child which I hear is great. I'll have to check these out. Thanks so much!
wow! this is SO my life right now!! i am so sorry to hear we're going through the same thing (and also kind of glad i'm not alone!!). DD's tantrums in public are insane (she's also almost 3). DS is 11mo and crawling/walking, so wrangling one while trying to keep the other from hurting herself thrashing around is almost impossible. i've started doing this process when she has a tantrum in public. once i see it starting, i (1) deal with DS first. put him on my back in...