or Connect

Posts by reikimama

Timesaway, I am glad I am not the only one who is waiting.  I just didn't even want to consider it.  I will be 8w on Friday.  I will probably contact her on Monday.     She is too far to actually attend the birth, so we will be having a U/C anyway. I think that each one of us who has gone through M/C have to be nervous.  I feel for friends who have gone through more than one.  It's one of those quiet things that until you go through one, you don't realize how many...
I just read through everyone's posts, but I can't comment on them all.  I am just playing catch up because of being so ill.   I am 7w 3 d right now and truly feeling nasty.  I have nausea (worse at night) and I am more of an airhead than normal.  I am putting things in weird places and not finding things that are right in front of me.  Plus, I am exhausted.  Today, I wore my jeans for a while and then when I had to take our DDs to ballet, I put my husbands sweatpants...
Our DD1 has a very non-traditional & boy's name.  It fits her totally.  DD2... We thought she had a non-traditional (but very girly) name, but turned out it was very popular.  Still fits her like a glove, though. DS... We picked a traditional first name, but very non-traditional middle names.  Perfect for him.  DH wanted to use the name we choose for the pg we lost in 2010, but that's creepy to me.  I keep getting stuck on Rebel for either girl or boy.  It...
"Officially," we have only told our 3 kids... I have a DStepS, who is 29 and has a DD and DStepD of his own, and he is in the "not told yet" camp.  My DH keeps telling people he would have 2 more if he could, so I know he's setting everyone up for the news.   I have told my BFs: one lives here, one lives in NC and one in South FL (she's also my distant cousin) but I haven't told DH that I have told anyone.  Plus, I have told a couple of random friends at the DDs'...
We were at an informal business meeting and DD2 keep rubbing and kissing my tummy.  She did this while I was pg with DS but she was only 2 1/2 at the time.  Now she is 9.  I had to tell her that right now, it just looks funny, especially because this was the first time we met face to face these restaurant owners and I just look swollen right now, not pg!  Actually the meeting people for the first time regarding business has happened a LOT in the past week and I just...
I lived of PB sandwiches my first pg.  I was working and starving all the time, plus I was a vegetarian.  Although easy, I don't recommend living off of them during work for 9 months.  I am not a "freak out" type but DD1 has mild peanut allergies that the other 2 don't have (and I didn't live off of them during those 2 pregnancies).  She can eat some, but then will get eczema if she eats too much.   Working from home makes it easier to deal with the fatigue.  I can...
I LOVE coffee and even prior to this pg, I had to cut back because I realized I had heart palps because of my intake.  I was drinking about 3/4 of a pot of organic French roast a day.  I am down to a cup (not a tiny one, but not a huge one either) and half and half.  With 3 kids, pg, homeschooling and running a small, indie record label out of my house, there's no way I could live without at least that cup each day.  I tried even before becoming pg with just doing...
I am just joining in.  I am 6w2d right now.  The m/s has been kicking my butt and making me feel very nasty.  I will feel better after about 13 weeks. I am planning on riding my bike (a beach cruiser - I am not a cyclist, but I love to ride), walking, getting some resistance bands from the DDs' ballet school, yoga and using the stepper that we have.  My biggest concern is circulation in my legs.  I was planning this fall on having laser surgery done on both legs...
I had a UC while we lived in GA with our DS.  GA is very backwards about laws.  There are midwives, but the laws are sticky, which is why we ended up having a UC.  Our first 2 were hospital births.  DD1 was intended as natural and I ended up with an epidural.  DD2 was a natural hospital birth, but I had to argue and fight off the nurses.  That's why DS was a homebirth. With this one, we live in FL, but don't have a MW very close.  The closest one that I really like is...
I am at 6 weeks 2 days.  For me, I am showing.  I always do early  My bras don't fit.  My jeans still do, but I look puffy and chubby.  We haven't officially told anyone yet, beyond our 3 kids (11, 9 & 6).  We told them today. I miscarried at 8 weeks in late 2010, so DH didn't want to tell them for a bit but I couldn't hide it from them any longer.  We weren't expecting anymore, as I am almost 40 and my husband will be 52 in October.  I have a DSS who will be 30 next...