or Connect

Posts by LaFlaca1226

Hi mamas, My 28 m.o. DD has been using the potty since 11 months. She lets us know when she has to poop, but not when she has to pee. So DH and I are still very much responsible for initiating potty-time for her. Now that our non-EC'ing friends with babies of a similar age are "potty-training" their LOs, we are beginning to ask ourselves when and how DD will learn to (or choose to) initiate potty-time on her own. As an experiment, we've gone a couple days letting...
Isn't it heartbreaking to see our children mistreating our other "children"? When my 24 m.o. brutalizes our pets, I pick up the pet (or separate the two, if it's our dog, whom I can't pick up) and I LAVISH love and attention on the pet. "Oh poor Miss Janey Cat, was Katy mean to you? She pulled your tail? I bet that really hurt! Aw, mama hold you, Miss Jane." Just like I do for DD when she gets hurt, except a little exaggerated. In my mind, this serves two purposes....
It was by total accident that I discovered this, but it turns out that my 25 month-old just needed to be put down 2 hours early for her nap! I was feeding her lunch at 12, and heading up for nap at 12:30. She would take 1.5 to 2 hours to fall asleep, and lately had not been falling asleep at all unless I drove her around. Bedtime, same thing. Spending almost 4 hours a day in naptime/bedtime struggles was really beginning to wear on me. Then yesterday, she fell...
DH and I start out the night together in our king sized bed, and DD is in her room in her double bed. I go sleep with her when she wakes up in the night, and I stay the rest of the night w/ her. This means DH and I get to be alone at bedtime and my LO gets mommy the rest of the night. In the book Roots by Alex Haley, it describes life in an African village (several hundred years ago), where the husband lived in an entirely different HOUSE! Mom had her own house with...
Quote: Originally Posted by sarahr Situation 1: I was taking an after-dinner walk with dd. She ran down the street, ignoring my shouts to stop. Giggling, she ran into the street. She didn't go far into the street, but far enough that it was not okay. I picked her up, said no very firmly, said that we do not run into the street. She was giggling. I put her down because she would actually prefer to be carried then to walk. We went home, but we were heading...
I am at my wit's end. Please give me any advice you can think of. She's 25 months. I lay in bed with her and nurse her, but that doesn't help her fall asleep. After a while, my nipples get sore, so I have her stop nursing, and tell her to lay still with me. She does for a little while, but soon starts talking and playing. I tell her that if she keeps talking and playing, I will leave the room for a little while. She is still for a few minutes, but then talks or...
Quote: Originally Posted by SAHDS I'm such a book nerd, I am stalking this thread like a crazy person. Have you checked out paperbackswap.com? Besides being a good place to get books, there are tons of discussion forums about books. My 5 books are The Bean Trees - Barbara Kingsolver The Color Purple - Alice Walker Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - Lisa See Teachings on Love - Thich Nhat Hanh Veronika Decides to Die - Paulo Coehlo
Just wanted to share my experience so far. I've been considering trying Jay Gordon's nightweaning advice for awhile, because DD is 21 months old, I still don't have my period, and we really want to get pregnant again. Plus, dd wakes in the wee hours and sometimes nurses for EVER until I can barely stand it. Dr. Gordon's "plan" seems to be gentle, but I was still afraid that I would be holding DD through long bouts of crying. We finally started it last night and I was...
bump!
Bump! We just received another raffle item - a $50 gift certificate to Quirky Baby, a babywearing store in Princeton! We also received many free shipping coupons to be used at Quirky Baby. We hope to meet some of you at the meeting on Thursday, April 30! RSVP by PM, email, or phone.