or Connect

Posts by nikkiana

Is there any sort of organic shampoo that works especially well if you're prone to oily hair? I recently bought some Avalon Organics that was supposed to be for all hair types, but I feel like the shampoo and conditioner have done nothing for keeping my hair relatively clean..... My hair dries looking oily and awful, like it hasn't been washed at all. This is the first time I've ever used organic shampoo, is this par the course? Or did I just pick the wrong one?
I have the blue ones with the nubbies as well.... What I've noticed is they only help with static to a point... If I'm drying jeans or t-shirts, and I do it without the balls, it'll get staticy. With them, it won't. However, if I dry something fluffy like a sweater or a blanket, the balls won't help.
One month officially successful at charting to avoid! Go me! : I had a couple bobbles along the way, there were a couple of days over the span of the month where I forgot I was charting and ran to the bathroom to pee before I remembered to temp, and just said screw it... and there was a point where we were babysitting for three days overnight and the little two year old kept stealing my theremometer off my nightstand so I couldn't keep it in the bedroom so I forgot...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakna4 Nikkiana that is great you are feeling better! So do you think it was bc related? Yeah, I think so. I was on Yaz, and I read that has a diuretic in it to prevent you from retaining water and getting bloated, and on one of those medical message boards where people only post twice a lot of people had complained about the same thing with Yaz and it's sister pill Yasmin.... I have a feeling that my doctor never...
I figured I'd stop by and give a status update. As you may recall, I was having some urinary issues that I went to the doctor's office for.... and they sent me to go have a u/s to see if there was anything going wrong in the area that they could see... That being the case, I himmed and hawed over whether I would do another month of BCP or whether I would chart. I ended up deciding to do charting... And guess what! My urinary symptoms have TOTALLY dissapeared. I have...
I bought mine at our local Target. In ours, the basal thermometers were next to the normal fever ones.
Knitty had a pattern awhile back from Calla Lilies: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTlilies.html
This weekend we got rid of a ton of clothing that didn't fit, two air conditioners we're not going to use, a bunch of bed linens that don't fit our bed, and a bunch of other random crap. Oh yeah, and we moved too. :
Quote: Originally Posted by Sihaya We chose to home birth in a 1br upstairs apartment over the option of a freestanding birth center just 20 minutes away. My DH has always been on board 100%, so I can't help you there, but I can answer the two concerns you raised. Who are you afraid would poo-pooh a birthing pool? The way I see it, it is no more of a water damage risk than a washing machine or dishwasher. As far as the weight issue, a birth pool weighs...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakna4 I was really interested in the diva cup but I have issues with things being up in my vagina. Which is why I finally ditched my diaphram(sp?). I made way too many pads I only use approx 18 per cycle/6 per day. Like I said my flow dramatically reduced. Do I sound like a commercial yet? haha. But if you are only using them occasionally I wouldn't get more than a dozen to start. I thought was going to have...