or Connect

Posts by nikkiana

Quote: Originally Posted by dove afterwards, i hemorrhaged. there was someone else in labor, the staff was really tired, and i needed to get up and go home. i know worse can happen to a person, but i seriously remember getting up and going home as one of the hardest things i've ever done in my life. i was unstable from a medical standpoint, i was exhausted to the point of passing out, i was 4 hours postpartum, and bleeding like crazy. it was...
Having a baby is a long way off for me (not even TTC yet), but I've just been poking around and doing research and I wondered if anyone's gone the stand-alone birth center route? I like the idea of homebirth, but the possibility that we may be still living in an apartment at that point makes me want to consider other options because I wouldn't want to upset neighbors. A birthing center seems like a happy medium. Unfortunately, based on the websites I've seen on the...
Thanks for your responces, ladies. You've made me feel a lot less discouraged. It's still probably a year or two off before we start TTCing, so it's kind of a distant decision, but I feel better about how to handle it when we get there. With the little bit of research I have done of what's available in our area for "birthing alternatives" I did notice that a lot of the midwives who do homebirths are also affiliated with stand-alone birthing centers in my area.... Has...
Congratulations!
I'm not yet pregnant nor do I really have an intention of becoming so in the immediate future, but I've been trying to take my time to educate myself on the process so I know what to expect and what I want out of the experience... One of the things I'm finding is that I'm not so keen on a hospital birth from the stories that I've heard, even stories from people who were overall pleased with their hospital birth experience tend to have moments that I find unnerving and...
I've heard good things about the Holiday Grand Plan: http://holidaygrandplan.com/ And also Organized Home: http://www.organizedhome.com/ As for FlyLady.... I'd recommend ditching the emails. 90% of the people I've talked to have said that they don't find them helpful and they just make them feel bad. I think that's especially true when you're just starting out, FlyLady teaches baby steps... the problem is, the mailing list just isn't for people who are taking their first...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anakna4 By the way how many here use cloth versus paper? I found they reduced my bleeding by more than half but I am allergic to the chemicals in the paper pads so I think that is why my bleeding reduced soooo much. Personally, I use the DivaCup, though I've been considering picking up some cloth pads because occasionally have these really painful cycles where having the DivaCup in seems to really aggravate the...
Hi there! Welcome!
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
It's been my experience that superwash doesn't tend to hold up well in the dryer, and most superwash wool yarns will recommend drying flat on the label.