or Connect

Posts by heidirk

... so maybe this is a little early.      Anyway I got to thinking this morning, that it is an evaluation for ADHD, Aspergers, Sensory Processing (I hope). This evaluation is with a Psychologist recomended by our local Center for Autism, so I don't know how much into the sensory stuff we can get.   I would also like to ask for an IQ test, because I am SURE what I'm dealing with is a Twice-Exceptional kiddo. As he will only be turning 5 in June, I realise its a...
:D  I am not used to having friends that are outgoing either!  It actaully gets a little overwhelming at times! :o   AGH, I am not used to animals in the house. I like them, but I'm not used to being in charge of keeping them out of trouble. We spent two days at my Aunts house. who incidentally has also never raised any tiny people.....   so 2 dogs plus a 5 and a 2.5 yo kids plus chocolate equals what???  CHAOS. even more so than usual.  It takes me FOREVER to...
I'm pretty sure we can do clickable smiley's right?   I tried to embed a link to my blog into my siggy but its not working.   Help please?  :)   H
Welcome Tricia!    yeah- messy car here too!!!       um... YES!!!  lol  oh gees, I mean talk about doublescheduling stuff- I've had people show up at my house that I wasn't expecting, and then someone else showed up too!!  I DID invite them, I had just forgotten.   I can't imagine what it feels like to have me asa irl friend, and be forgotten. :(      afa getting diagnosed, It hink if ou make an appointment with a care provider and ask about aDD you'll be taken...
Hello everyone. Bumping this to see if anyone is still interested.   I miss you all. I've gotten all wrapped up in another messge board and my blog- which is tons of fun- and a little esoteric (who me?) :lol   anyhow. I am going to be checking in here again.   DS1 is on the waiting list for the local chapter of the Center for Autism. DS2 is talking and using the potty! :O   Craziness. DH had a bad episode right after the new year, but it resulted in some...
Junipermuse- I may have some ideas for you if you mind sharing. DS1 has some speech issues and I finally am having him evaluated for ADD in January.   Anyway, I have some practical tips for dealing with a kid who hyperfocuses, ca't hear you unless you touch him, and is impulsive and hyperactive. :hugs   applecider- you might ask your counsellor for ideas on that. I know there are support groups for some types of psychological and emotion recovery.     I am...
Feb2003  the vinegar not being primal was just an assumption I made because I'm coming to this from more of a TF standpoint. I may well be wrong. :lol
I've been gifted with several roasts, and bunches of stewing meat, so I've made stews quite often lately.   If I saute the meat and onions in a deep pot, add a splash of vinegar (not primal really) and then add the stock and vegetables, the meat cooks quickly and is very tender. :yum  Then I add chunked root veggies, and some sort of cabbage-y green whether that be Kale, collards, whatever.   I am a bit limited on the paleo/primal front because we get a lot of...
Ah, my mistake. THanks!
Is it still necessary to become a supporting member to have a user name change?     I wondered, because I have an avatar now- and I didn't before. :D