or Connect

Posts by heidirk

Quote: Originally Posted by organicmidwestmama that sounds so hard. all can say, from my experience of having a child who only wanted grains/carbs, is they are "hypoglycemc" because of the refined/quickly digesed sugars (and even whole grains turn to sugar in the bloodstream) they are eating, so eating more of these foods creates a viceous cycle of craving, blood-sugar crashing, and then feeding the beast so to speak. i cant tell you what to do but i...
Quote: Originally Posted by Proudmom2Teeg Hi, Struggling with ADD and am not on meds as I am currently nursing. Researching natural ways to help as I am really struggling in school and other areas. Here's a link that might help. We have all been there, and we know what its like. http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/medref.html oh, and...
Hi Blizzard babe and BetsyNY! Yeah off topic is ummm.... on topic for this thread! IRT schedules- Waiting2bmommy- that's a good one! Ours has gotten so messed up, it's unrecognizeable anymore. I am working on it, though. I am struggling with what I have finally realizd is PMDD right now, on top of ADD, and everything else. Having a tough time. I am doing better at at least trying to clean. My house is just chronically out of control, and I get...
organic midwestmomma- I want to get him off the grains. I am so. frustrated. Nothign I make is a guarantee. I can cook- I LVOE to cook, I make nutritious, flavorful (but not spicy) meals...and they juts sit there. I do not know how far to take the whole, 'oh just don't give them the stuff you don't want to eat- they'll eat if they get hungry enough' b/c for a hypoglycemic kid- the opposite is true- the hungrier he is, past a certain point, the less likely it is...
Hi there! I thought homeopathics were generally safe during nursing? That's why I started taking homeopathic remedies, actually! I've never heard oof them, I'll have to google them.
they're not big on eggs...which I can't figure out b/c I love 'em. tiny guy goes, 'egg-ahs'!!! but then he just mashes them in his fists and throws them. big guy only wants egg-whites! head I made baked oatmeal, with butter, molasses, brown rice syrup, spelt and oats...and eggs... tiny guy LOVED it... big guy wouldn't touch it- said it was the wrong color. He's eaten so little for three days... he had a HUGE hypoglycemic fit right after he took a nap...
I am reading this book right now! I checked it out from the library. My Ods has a lot of ADHD signs, plus has low blood sugar issues, and definately explodes. I recognized a lot of myself AND DH in there too.
aha! muffins they WILL eat! teehee. I do have some good muffins recipes. I can sub almond flour in them. We do bacon- DS1 LOOOOves it. strangely, he will only eat egg WHITES tho' what is THAT about?? organic mw momma- thanks for that link! I have been concerned about ony getting veggies into them if it's veggie juice, so I'll be all over that link! my baby love- thx for the reminder about nuts- DS1 LOVES nuts- cashews especially, and I do need to get some...
Hello! A lot of mommas I've talked to, irl- have only figured it out after having kids for a while! Some people can compensate very well- to a certain point. If you have insurance- look at your behavioral Health options/coverage, and seek a diagnoses. What you describe is pretty typical, btw. this is a perfect question for our crazy group. Anyway, If you took your post to a psychiatrist, they'd be able to help. Many of us here have your exact problems!!! We...
I need some high calorie/nutrient dense snacks I can make for my boys. DS1 especially only eats a little at a time, and he's always craving carbs. He's been showing the effects of low blood sugar, and I must get somehting better into him, but I'm at a loss. I'd like the snacks to be- portable not too messy high fat or protein, and... something I could hide veggies in.