or Connect

Posts by Snow~Pea

FD is the same way! If I leave her area I will hear about it. I am working on babyproofing the house so I can give her more freedom(our cage is in the living room, blocked off by furniture, a packnplay, and a stand up music toy). But that also means I can't have anything on low tables, even papers on the desk have to be far enough back that she can't reach up, grab them and eat them. And all of her board books have at least one chewed corner. I used to let her use the...
Thanks for your replies! I am not 100% sure if allergies run in her family or not. I asked an aunt and she didn't know of any. FD did end up with a rash on her back a couple of days after having the scrambled yolks, so I think I will wait a bit before I try them again. Today she had tofu for the first time! So exciting. I'm a little late introducing proteins I think. Oh well on that, there is so much else to stress about when you are raising someone else's baby. I...
Do you follow the egg yolks only until 12 months? FD is just over 11 months and had scrambled egg yolks for the first time yesterday, just made me wonder if everyone follows this rule.
LOL whozeyermamma!  Thanks for the reassurance.
Oh man, I posted a whole long reply and then got kicked off. When will I learn to copy before hitting submit   Thanks so much for your replies! Right now she is eating half a jar of babyfood mixed with oatmeal in the morning, followed by botttle. And half a jar of babyfood at dinner time, also followed by a bottle. Other than an occasional yogurt, the rest of her diet is all formula. She's been with us for a little over 2 months. We pretty much continued the diet...
I should probably post this in Life with a Babe, but I wanted the vegan perspective. I am vegan, DH is omni, and so far 9mo FD is lacto vegetarian. I am not planning on introducing her to meat. My question is more about general baby diets. So far I have gotten conflicting info from the dietician at WIC and from the doctor. The impression I got from the dietician was that she should just be a baby and have formula and baby food/cereal until 12mo. The doc I saw today said...
My FD had her 9mo WBV today. They gave me this questionaire to fill out at the office. Some of the questions were easy, but others I really had no idea if she could do or not. Like, can she pick up a piece of string off the floor, ummm I don't make a habit of leaving string around for her to pick up. And it was hard to test the answer with her there because I didn't have many toys or....strangely enough...a piece of string. The doctor looked at it after the visit and...
You're right. Althought it was a horrible story about the mother losing her baby, I was happy that they didn't take the opportunity villainize homebirthing in general.
I think the sooner the better, especially if there is a chance he may find out by accident with the whole c/s thing. I agree that 9 is a tough age, but so is 10, 11, 12... and the teen years are a crazy hormonal, emotional roller coaster!
Just a heads up, I saw a commercial for a story about unlicenced midwives that will be on tonight's 11pm news, channel 7 (abc). I don't think I can stay up for it, hopefully they will replay it in the morning. From the preview it definately does not look like a positive story about homebirth.