or Connect

Posts by jenfl

We vaccinate fully but haven't had one in nearly a year.  I don't think they're connected.   Yogurt is pretty lactose-free, so if it were just lactose, I don't think he would react so strongly to the yogurt but not cheese.   This week we did pizza but avoided other dairy, and he's been ok.  So, so strange.....
  Background: My DD had a fairly severe dairy intolerance, which I finally discovered at around 8 months.  While breastfeeding, I couldn't eat any dairy.  Her symptoms were colic, stomach pain, and mucousy stools.  She became able to tolerate trace dairy at age 2 and full-on dairy at 2.5.    When I was pregnant with my son, I worried a lot about him having a dairy intolerance as well.  To my relief, he didn't show any signs of it.  I didn't have to avoid dairy...
Thank you for coming back with an update!  Although I'm sorry your family is going through this, I'm so glad to hear that you have a diagnosis.  Some day when you have time, I'd love to hear how you finally got the medical community to take your LO's problems seriously.
Congratulations!  Sprout was in the NICU for rapid breathing, too.  Three days of precautionary antibiotics until the blood cultures came back negative for sepsis.  It can be pretty rough to deal with NICU stuff.... I hope he's out and healthy as soon as possible!  Hope you're doing well!
Greetings!    Background: I have a 3.5 year old daughter who was very intolerant to dairy (GI symptoms) until 2-2.5 years.    I now have a 8 month old son, as well.  After our experience with our daughter, the first months we paid close attention to his behavior but saw no signs of intestinal distress in him related to food.    However, a couple of months ago he broke out in eczema on the back of his upper arms and his legs.  The only differences I could...
Very similar here.  I started out the "school year" with a big plan for daily Montessori times of an hour or two for my 3 year old, following the progressions, making lots of materials....   And we did have some fun.  But it was so much work.  And, often, she didn't want to work with a material I'd spent an hour or two making -- which was so frustrating!  One day she'd work well on her own, another day she'd want my help all the time, and I would feel like I was...
My DS is 7.5 months old and a dedicated finger sucker.   He took to solids slowly -- we've done both BLW and purees.  We're at the point where he enjoys tasting and playing with different foods, but little actually makes it into his belly.  Which I'm fine with; it's more important to me that he be exposed to different tastes, I don't feel he _needs_ food yet.   My concern comes that he doesn't seem to get chewing and swallowing yet.  If it's a food he can hang on...
I've had this in the back of my mind for ages.....   http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2009/07/play-flower-box/
DDDC -- I'm so sorry you're going through this! My DS was also tongue tied, and we went through crazy stuff to try to get it resolved (which we didn't, but we're still BF). The only advice I have is to fight to get in to see doctors as soon as possible -- call, call, email, and emphasize that getting this taken care of fast makes all the difference. They'll want to give you an appointment in 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks -- do all you can to be seen faster. Here's our...
Sprout turned 7 months yesterday! We're currently battling a nasty fungal diaper rash. A week of Nystatin didn't clear it up, so now we're on Monostat. Yes, my DH had to go to Target and buy Monostat for his son. Anyway, the rash seems to be pretty uncomfortable/painful for Sprout. It also may have led to thrush for us (or his latch might be terrible again). And he might be getting more teeth (he's got 2). It's all combining to make for a pretty grumpy baby with...