or Connect

Posts by Feathere

My four year old, nineteen month old, and I have whooping cough. The worst is over for the 4yo (at least she isn't coughing until she vomits most of the time, though she is still coughing). My little one is coughing a lot and I think she will get worse before it gets better. Any suggestions to aid the cough and to make the nights easier?
After I had my second child, the midwife provided a liquid to take (teaspoon or two as needed) before nursing to relieve post delivery contractions. I have no idea what the stuff was called. It worked and I want to find more for a pregnant friend. Anyone know what I am talking about? I've moved and can't locate the midwife to ask her.
hi, i want to reply because I don't want you to feel alone, unsupported, and frustrated with bfing. I know mdc is a supportive area, but I have at time found that less support comes when someone want to wean. It's like that's a dirty word or something, we say it with hushed tones as if someone will stone us... anyway, I was there. Right where you are, in pain, not liking bfing much at all. I conceived dd2 when dd1 was 21 months old. I did not like nursing thru my...
Green Bay!! Looking for more mamas in the area, too, so pm me if you want.
hi-- ignore your health care providers, unless you have a medical issue that would make nursing anyone (not to mention two) a danger to your health. I am currently tandeming my 8 month old and my 3 yr old. I won't tell you what to do because it is so individual. The pros, in my experience: less jealousy, ability to calm older dd, continuation of one stable thing through a lot of change, the health benefits of nursing, and a continued feeling of closeness to dd, no...
Hi Mama, Just a couple things because I don't have much time. 1. don't feel bad about wanting to wean. 2 and a half years is a great gift. If anyone here is less than supportive, ignore them 2. be firm. with yourself and your daughter. Don't fascillate, don't waffle. Start today by telling her that your breast have a new job, your body has boundaries, whatever it takes that makes sense to you. Keep this mantra up for your own sake. 3. offer lots of distractions when...
with dd1, first ppaf was at 21 months. I conceived dd2 the next month. currenting no ppaf yet, and dd2 is 8 months. I think it will show up sooner this time, but i could be wrong, since I am tandem nursing.
Well, newborn poop is fairly runny, so I would not be too concerned. My dd is 7 months now, and she is still runny all the time--exclusively bf'ed, too. My other daughter had rotavirus at 10 months and that resulted in diarrhea for a good 2 weeks... we did not seek treatment, and eventually it cleared up. (We knew it was rotavirus because she vomited--had never done so before--and the poop was just way different, and stinky!!) Just keep nursing him and trust your...
This is all so great. Baby Hopes and Pixie Punk, I am so glad you shared your different approaches to weaning. I feel so frustrated at times--partly because I still don't have the nerve to actually wean her (fear of the unknown response!!) and also frustrated because my own feelings about the need to wean change depending on how the day goes. For right now, all we are doing is talking about weening at Halloween. It seems like a good idea to her. Because we are moving...
wow, well, i am sorry no one replied to your post. I can only tell you that you might benefit from contacting the epilepsy foundation--they have a lot of good information. I worked for them.. and then I left when I got pregnant and moved. Then I had a seizure during pregnancy. I was put on dilantin for the rest of the pregnancy (10 weeks) and then used it for a year afterward. I had no further seizures. Then I got pregnant again, and was fine, until I delivered the baby....