or Connect

Posts by ssantos

I nursed dd1 until she was a month shy of 4 years (she stopped on her own), and I nursed dd2 until she was a month shy of 5 years.  I had pretty much decided that I was not comfortable with dd2 nursing when she started kindergarten.  She would start kindergarten a month after her 5th birthday.  She was only nursing for maybe 1 minute right before bedtime every night.  A few months before she was to turn 5, I just casually mentioned that I thought she could stop nursing...
I take Carlson Super DHA Gems.  They have 500 mg of DHA and 100 mg of EPA.  They don't have soy.  I get them at a local Vitamin Shoppe.  I give my kids Nordic Naturals Children's DHA liquid.  Start them young and they won't have a problem with the taste.  Mine still take it with a spoon and they are 7 and 9 years old.
1  Resisted pound cake, a birthday cake, and a box of chocolates (I think I will save the chocolates as a reward on Feb. 1) 2  Resisted monkey bread 3  Resisted ice cream 4  Resisted fruitcake, a cake pop, and brownies 5  Resisted brownies (they are still out on the counter...would somebody please eat them already!) 6  Resisted doughnuts at work 7  8  9  10   11  Resisted apple pie 12  Resisted cookies, birthday cake, and apple pie,...
1  2  3  $10 Unbudgeted (icecream for the kids - invited out by friends) 4  $61 Budgeted spending but I am still not happy about it (delayed Christmas present) 5  $57 Budgeted ($30 for two b'day gift cards, $15 Christmas money, $12 for milk/almond milk) 6  $173 Budgeted ($98 - paid sister for parent's Christmas gift, $75 - gas) 7  8  9  $10 Budgeted (Baby shower) 10  $4 Unbudgeted (peach smoothie - a friend pressured me - it was delicious) 11  12  13  14  $50...
On the home stretch... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 $128 Budgeted (gas $43, groceries $75, gift $10) 28 29
On the home stretch... 22 23 24 Resisted doughnuts at work and brownies 25 Resisted brownies, lemon cake, and green tea cake 26 27 28
19  20  $55 Budgeted (groceries $43 and medicine $12) 21 I really thought I could go a whole month without spending hardly anything Ha!  Interestingly, most of it was social/family obligations.  That was a surprise to me.  I have only spent $4 on something completely frivolous.  I am putting off some spending for next month and it is already adding up.  So far I need 5 kids birthday presents.  I was thinking for each a $15 gift card to a bookstore in a homemade origami...
Ragana and crazytownmama, thanks so much for the support.  I was feeling a bit lonely.  I am still resisting, and I can tell that my cravings have gone down (I still think about chocolate sometimes).   13  14  15  16  17  Resisted apple pie, cookies and chocolates 18  Resisted brownies 19  Resisted ice cream and peanut candy 20   21  Resisted peanut candy (somebody keeps putting it back out on the counter ) 22 
Good for you trying to eat healthily!  You should stick to your guns for yourself.  As some other posters said, I would downplay your choices at family events, even if asked.  I would preach to your kids when at home but allow them to choose when with family - and tell them not to make comments.   I totally know what you mean about feeling lonely and socially pressured.  I am trying not to eat sweets and I feel like I have no support around me.  I even started my first...
1  2  Resisted eating lunch out with a friend (went with her but ate leftovers back in the office) 3  $10 Unbudgeted (icecream for the kids - invited out by friends) 4  $61 Budgeted spending but I am still not happy about it (delayed Christmas present) 5  $57 Budgeted ($30 for two b'day gift cards, $15 Christmas money, $12 for milk/almond milk) 6  $173 Budgeted ($98 - paid sister for parent's Christmas gift, $75 - gas) 7  8  9  $10 Budgeted (Baby shower) 10  $4...