or Connect

Posts by WildIris

Hi Catt, I'm sorry things feel so hard right now. About the birthday cake, she is too young to know any different and there are lots of creative things you can do that will look cute in pictures. Last year, for my own birthday, I had a watermelon "cake" -- a watermelon cut in half, with candles in it. It looked pretty and colorful and I still got to blow out candles.
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR I'm so down today. I just want to take to my bed and cry. JR
DD2 (age 8) is sensitive to anything petroleum based (artificial colors, flavors, vanillin, etc.). Last night after taking a bath, her mood/behavior suddenly changed the way it does with petroleum based stuff. I couldn't figure out why (she hadn't eaten anything different) until today it hit me: we had a new bathmat in the tub. I'm sensitive to "new plastic" smells, and the smell of the bathmat really bothers me. DH left it out in the garage to air out for a few days...
You know what's really funny... I was just thinking about this dream I had a month or so ago. In the dream I thought I was awake (but I was still asleep), and I saw this screen, like a TV screen, gradually appear on my wall. It was quite unusual so I paid close attention. Suddenly a little cartoon mouse appeared carrying a sign, which read: EAT. I got all excited, and said to myself, "Oooooh, it's a sign, the mouse is going to tell me what to EAT! This is great!" The...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astromom That's terrific! I hope you have as much success w/ the inhalants as you are w/ the foods! So you don't have to avoid for 24 hours afterwards? Thanks Astromom! I am pretty confident about it, based on results so far. Nope, I don't have to avoid anything for any period of time afterwards.
Quote: Originally Posted by chlobo You can have some of my copper. I'm apparently extremely high. Almost toxic. What's your address?
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez Well, I would think a general absorption issue--are you fine for all the other minerals? Did you muscle-test some that were okay? And do you generally supplement any of those? She only muscled tested those three (zinc, copper, iron) because I had specific concerns about them. I will ask for further testing of other minerals. Right now I only supplement zinc and selenium. Oh, and sulfur (is that a...
Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe Oh, and my new lunch plan: lentils cooked in bone broth, heated up with lots of butter and throw in some tomatoes. Quick, easy, nutritious, and pretty yummy! That does sound YUMMY!
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez Are you anemic? If you're low in iron and copper, you'd be more at risk, since both are required. According to the muscle testing, I was low in iron too. Which didn't suprise me as I have a very long history of tending toward iron-deficiency anemia. Quote: But I'd also be looking at a root cause--it's pretty easy to get low in zinc and high in copper, just by fairly normal eating, so to be...
I was talking to my doctor (chiro/NAET/JMT doc) today about zinc and copper questions. I've been operating under the assumption that I have high copper and low zinc. I fit many symptoms of that profile, so I've been supplementing zinc (50 mg/day) plus eating zinc-rich foods like smoked oysters when the spirit moves me. But, when she muscle tested me, I tested as deficient in both zinc and copper (and also iron). (She also gave me a liquid zinc tally and I couldn't...