or Connect

Posts by WildIris

Hi Amy, I just sent you a very long PM. For me, it is all food/chemical fumes affecting my mood and response. Otherwise I am usually a happy, optimistic, even-keeled person regardless of events. That is my true nature. I know the NAET-type treatments can be expensive, but for me they have been life-changing already. I realize I am quite fortunate to have found someone in my hometown who offers them, and for a very reasonable price. But even if I had to travel out...
Quote: Originally Posted by changingseasons Is it just the cream soda? Because I've called them about another flavor (maybe the regular cola?) and it definitely was NOT corn free. Yes, JUST their Cream soda. If you want a corn-free cola, this is the time to start checking kosher grocery stores for KFP Coke. They should be getting their Passover products in now or very soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR Do you know if the citric acid in Blue Sky or Hansen's is corn based, WildIris? Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure it is -- or if not, that something else corny is in both sodas. Neither one are on the "corn-free products list" and I recall in discussions on the Avoiding Corn board that people have had reactions with both sodas. Personally, I had reactions from the Blue Sky soda once before I had realized...
There's a company called Maine Root that makes a really delicious root beer that is corn free. (Not sure about their other flavors.)
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that brand. But I would check on the source of the natural flavor and the ascorbic acid, too. Possibly the erythritol too.
It could be corn. You would have to call the company to find out for sure. What is the brand name of the drink and what are the other ingredients? I can probably tell you if it has corn or not.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astromom I simply cannot think of an adjective adequate to describe the sheer excitement I have for you after reading this thread! That's just totally wild. And so cool!!! : (DS and I also haven't eaten in a restaurant in a year, and so I totally get how incredible it must feel to get to eat in one today! Wow!!!) Thanks Astromom! It is so exciting. I hope more people will give this a try; it is really...
Quote: Originally Posted by BakingMama OT FYI-I'm not online much due to a newborn but more importantly this crazy computer allergy (long story). It's hard not using a computer much especially as I'm trying to figure dd's food allergies out but lately I have been some and I've been paying for it (w/ allergy syptoms). A while ago I posted asking about it and no one responded probably b/c no one knows, it's totally strange and I'm not taking medication...
Today was Treatment #4: I was treated for two Spice Mixes (about twenty different spices total), Coconut, Garlic, and Pasteurized Milk. I tested okay for Lactose today, and previously had tested okay for Casein, so I don't know why I tested weak for Milk... doc wasn't sure either, but said maybe I react to the whey? After the appointment, a friend and I went out to lunch. This is the first time I've eaten in a restaurant since April 2008! (I've been in restaurants...
Thanks Springmum. What type of treatment are you doing?