or Connect

Posts by katharinerose

erthe: Sorry to hear your lady and her husband aren't in a place where you can be more than friends.  Depression is hard stuff.  But homesteading sounds amazing!  Does one of you have land?  And yay for baby planning!   bloodofthefae: Hi and welcome! I'd love to hear about your family.
Good luck TTC!  That's super exciting!  There are lots of folks on the Queer Conceptions board who can give you help and support with the getting-preggers part of it all.  Also, this book is very good: http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Guide-Lesbian-Conception-Pregnancy/dp/1555839401.  I need to dig my copy out of hiding...   DW and I are entering a similar situation - hoping to get me knocked up by my (poly) BF.  I'd love to hear any 3-way co-parenting tales that...
I suppose the best way to make an active thread is post in it, so here I am!   I dropped off the forum parts of the internet to deal with grad school in the last couple years, but find myself wanting this connection again.  Especially because it looks like my baby dreams might come true!     I think the last time I posted here, it was right after DW and I started this whole poly thing.  I quickly met an absolutely beautiful man who I've come to love dearly....
(Disappear for a couple years and the forum style changes on you.  Who'd of thought?)   Hi All!    I was around (mostly on the Queer Conceptions board) for quite a while back, oh, 3 years ago and more, and poked my head in on the old poly board once or twice.  My baby-having/parenting plan got put on hold, so I haven't been around for a long time - too hard to hang around at the time.  But we're getting back to a life place where parenting is going to be an option...
Nope, totally not paranoid about the census. The data from the census is the only way we can ensure a properly proportioned representative government, determines federal funding amounts for schools and other important public services, and provides all sorts of aggregate data that is extremely useful. Plus, in 80 or 100 years when the 2010 census details are released, they become amazing genealogical resources. We're living with my parents at the moment, so I am listed...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I'm fond of scintillating scotoma myself... but I usually just say that I have an aura. I can't remember whether it was this thread or somewhere else entirely where someone linked the best polyamory t-shirt ever: Polyamory is wrong! It's either multiamory or polyphilia, but mixing Greek and Latin roots is wrong! I think I'm going to start telling people I'm polyphilic and watching their heads spin around....
Thanks to all.... We're definitely keep lines of communication open (to the point where I think sh'es getting annoyed with my checking in all the time). DW is looking forward to having the house to herself for an evening, I think. She's a happy hermit. I prefer to make up my own words. (e.g. Disempanted: The state of having had your pants removed) But grammatical errors drive me nuts, esp. homophone errors.
Had a good day today. I have a coffee/possibly dinner date set for Thursday with a very cool seeming guy. And DW is awesome. She's excited for me, and even chatted with him online a bit this evening. This is my first actual date in really ever, since DW & I jumped straight from long distance to living together. Any poly dating tips?
You know what else has layers? Onions. Anyway. I've been stalking this thread for, oh, let's say a long time now, while trying to work up the courage to have the "I think I'm poly and would like to do something about it" talk with my DW. Which I finally did. And have been given basically carte blanche permission to go for it, and told that while she has no real interest in going out to find someone herself, would be pleased if we wound up with a 3rd. (Only, it...
Well, geez. I tune out for a week and Papa gets knocked up. And Lyndzies, those numbers look great! To those in the TWW: Good luck to you all!!!