or Connect

Posts by jenneology

I'm realizing that...The wet ones from yesterday are still sitting in the washer. Sometimes having a two level house with the bathroom on the top floor is so inconvenient. I know both my husband and I are looking forward to having 1) a 2 bathroom home, and 2) a bathroom on each floor. Evidently bathrooms are going to be a main selling point for us. I'm trying to figure out how to create a potty station downstairs. The challenge is having the essentials (potty, wipes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by organicmom3 Does anyone have a recommendation on a good site that shows the steps of the various types of folding styles? This site lists a lot of different types of folds: http://diaperpages.com/pf_folds.php
Both of your stories are so cool! I just went through a time when my 3 yr old was sick and I ended up pumping milk for him even though he's been weaned for 6 months. I'd love if he were able to nurse still but we've got teeth issues. Anyway, to Kailey's mom, would you pump and store any milk you make to give to your daughter? Would you encourage her to latch on?
Beauty is 8 months old and almost completely switched to training pants with her. She'll wet on average 2-3 pairs a day (which is sometimes better than my 3 yr old who has been diaper free for over 8 months!). I've been putting each wet pair into the diaper pail, but it occurred to me today that I could just toss it straight into the washing machine and at the end of the day do a mini wash on what is in there, whether its from the baby or the 3yrold. I thought I'd share.
Congratulations! That was some serious endurance, you are strong. If only more women knew what you did is possible and not totally awful!
Quote: Originally Posted by magstphil Where my problem lies in that that truth is not talked about and even so much as denied in my religion and Christianity in general. That's what I would like to work on. What kills me is that when women seek to strengthen their spirituality it is looked down on as 'wrong' or even 'sinful'. I would really like to hear your experiences with this because I don't think I've seen examples of this in my life or I...
I'm excited for you! I'd love to learn chiropractic! I just wish it wasn't so expensive and required so much schooling! If only it were an apprentice profession...
Where in the PNW are you? After having 20+ days of rain in a row, I totally know where you are coming from on this! We've been doing playdates lately, and like you said walks (even when its raining because thats the PNW way) and library. We'll also make the rounds at the local kids stores (Land of Nod, Pottery Barn, toy stores, even Toys R Us) and I'll let the kiddo play with the toys there for a while. We just have to get out and do stuff. Twice a week, my son is...
Quote: Originally Posted by clicksab So I just sleep until I absolutely have to get up. And on the days when she only sleeps for 6 hours and I had to stay up 2 hours after her to just have some "me" time...I pop in a DVD, give her some breakfast, and snooze on the couch. I only feel a little guilty about it. Hahaha. I've been known to do that too, although I'm more likely to let the 3 year old play downstairs while I "take a break" upstairs....
I'm pretty much in the same place you are and I've been using these: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...egoryId=117215 They are pretty much only absorbent enough for 1 or 2 pees. And they are easy to take off because they pull on like underwear. I've also been using the Bambino Mio trainers and you know more instantaneously when baby is wet because they leak quickly.