or Connect

Posts by butterfly_mommy

No a big class of water right before bed. I know it seems totally counter intuitive. I can not seem to find the page I read it on but if I do I will post it.
My son is 55 lbs and 47" and a deep sleep and night wetter. He mostly leaks when in disposable night time pants. I ended up getting him 3 super undies reusable pull ups and I use a prefold inside for a doubler and it holds most nights. Some nights it wikes to his PJ's but his sheet is dry. I also use a mattress pad under his sheet to protect his mattress if their is a leak. He also doesn't remember peeing at night or even getting woken and walked to the bathroom. He does...
Hello Everyone,   I have a 14 month old girl and a 5.5 year old boy. I am currently home with them but DS goes to school a half day (SK). My 1 year old is into everything but is also super funny. 
Someone told me some great advice once. She said "Just because someone is related t you doesn't mean you have to be friends with them. You can develop your own family" This was very freeing for me. I hope you find some peace Mama. Enjoy the family (your baby and your partner) that does love and support you and distance yourself from the ones who disrespect and cause you pain. Then grieve the loss of your relationship with your mom and take back your power. I wish you lots...
DS was just under 4 when he had his first sleep over at my sisters house with my two nieces who were 11 and 15 at the time. He loved it. He has spent a few nights there and a few nights at my mom's house and at our house with my mom for 3 nights when we had my DD. Baring an emergency I will wait till DD is around 4 too to be away from us overnight.
My just turned 5 year old loves Lego. He started off at 4 getting a bin of random stuff and then I got him some sets and Christmas and his birthday and then I sit and build with him following the directions and he plays with the thing for a few days and eventually it falls apart and he starts building other stuff. He also likes playing with the mini figures. He love Magformers (a magnatic building toy) He also plays a lot with an angry bird game he got but he just makes...
My daughter is almost 9 mons and the longest I have left her was last week on Valentines day for 3hours. DH and I had a parent teacher interview at my sons school and then we went for dinner at a restaurant on the corner of our street. I could have gotten home in 5-15mins if I needed too. She was with my mom and my mom is very responsive to her. When I got home Mom was wearing her in the ring sling and she had just woken up form a late nap :) Before that I had left her...
Have you seen Echoage.com? My Friend has used this two years in a row and it is great. The child picks a charity and a gift and then half the money goes to the charity and half goes towards the gift. Last year my friends daughter chose a camp for kids with cancer and playmobil. This year she chose WWF and Lego. I tried to convince DS to do it this year but he wanted to be surprised by individual gifts. I will do this with DD for her first birthday.
I remember a few years ago seeing a mama online that made dollies that had real hair, they were for babies and kids who love to play with hair when they are falling asleep. My 7mon old likes to pinch the skin of my breast as she is falling asleep, I have been trying to get her to pinch her blanket bunny instead.
My son was 97th percentile in weight and 85th in length at birth and stayed there or above since. He outgrew the stretchy wrap at 10 wks weighing in at 16 lbs. He was 25 lbs at 6 months and 30 lbs at a year. He outgrew his bucket seat at 3 months so I got the highest weight at the time convertible a Radian he then out grew that in weight just over a year so I had to get him the newer higher weight seat that had just come out which he out grew by 2 years and I got him...