or Connect

Posts by butterfly_mommy

Back carries with a newborn are only safe in a woven wrap. Just wanted to mention that :) I am going to get DH to help me tomorrow to get DD on my back!
I tried getting DD on my back the other day and I failed. DS was about 4 mons or so when I started wearing him on my back in the wrap. I don't have very flexible arms so I find it hard to get the wrap up over baby when they are small. if you are nervous you can wrap while on your knees on the bed or have a spotter. There are some great newborn back carry vids on You Tube.   I am not wearing DD at home very much as I have a small house and well find it impractical to...
Yep I have a 6 week old grump here too. During the day she is ok as long as I am holding her, she wont even tolerate me putting her down to tie on my wrap. The last 3 evenings from about 8:30-10:30 she has been wanting to nurse but the whining, crying, pulling at and pushing away from the boob but then crying and screaming to get back on. This seriously makes me want to rip my nipples off! It really drives me batty and I am trying to be patient and remind myself this...
With DS I didn't want a stroller but my mom wanted one because she has arthritis in her back and couldn't wear DS and he was huge. He didn't end up going in the stroller till he was about 4 mons old. I wore him pretty much all the time and I would take transit often as it was easier to wear him then to put him in the bucket and transfer him out of it into a carrier when he was little (he was born in January) and we live downtown in a big city. I hate with a passion those...
This is me exactly! Even with the snoring rolling DH  I also love my sidecarred crib for all the above reasons.
My DS didn't roll over till he was about 7 months. MY DD2 who is only 5 weeks rolled over from her tummy to her back last night 2 times and is almost rolling from her back to her tummy. They will do it when they are ready. Also babywearing helps strength the core.
My 4.5 year old who self weaned last year at 3 years 3 mons asked to taste my milk when it came in. He said he couldn't remember what it tasted like. I squirted a bit on his finger and he said yummy. He has asked a few times since then for a taste and I just suirt a drop on his finger. He hasn't asked to nurse again but I would't feel comfortable nursing him. Also since it has been over a year since he nursed I would think he would have a bad latch now. He does however...
Thanks everyone :)
So my DD2 is 11 days old and from day 5 has been sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night. She will cluster feed in the evening, nursing long stretches alternating breasts on and off from 10-12 at night and then I will nurse her to sleep at about 12:30 and she will sleep through till 4:30/5:30 am. We co-sleep so it is not like I am sleeping through any hunger cues and I have even tried a few times to get her to dream feed but she is out and will not take the boob. She then...
I am also a larger mama and DH is a larger Dada. I am 5' 5" and about 225 and large chested. I love my woven wraps, there is a much bigger learning curve but they are super versatile. I have carried newborns to my 7 year old niece in my woven wrap. They are fantastically supportive for both child and wearer and you can use them for all kinds of other stuff (blanket, sun shade, change mat, pillow, tether on a toddler that likes to run, etc)    My second fav carrier is...