or Connect

Posts by butterfly_mommy

Thanks everyone. So it does seem normal and hopefully he will become more independent in the next year or so. He does go to preschool part time and has since he was 2.5 but he never poos at preschool and he will get his shoes/boots on and his jacket on with some gentle reminders from the teachers. He can zip his jacket by himself but again I need to remind him and he always asks for help first. He also starts JK in September and I know there will be a higher ratio there...
There are actually some great demo videos on youtube on folding prefolds. it is pretty easy and there are a few different folds depending on whether you are pinning or using snappis. If you are using a cover with Velcro or snaps if you get a nice snug fit then you can just fold the diaper into thirds and lay in into the cover and just do up the cover. Anyway check out you tube for some visuals (so thankful for all those mamas and dadas out there who post vids on youtube)...
I have a boy who is curious by nature as well. I however came from a family where my mom was very open and still is and my dad was very private and even embarrassed by his body. I am like my mom (my sister is like my dad was) I am a very open person and hardly ever shut the door to go pee (I do to have a BM but often DS or DH will come in if they have something to tell me and if I am in the middle of wiping I will ask them to give me some privacy) I also get changed in...
I am not sure if I am expecting too much from DS or if not how to encourage him to start looking after more of his personal hygiene.   To be more specific DS is 4 years 3mons old and he is a very bright kid however he is not really interested in self care stuff. He will take himself to the bathroom and when it is a pee he will put down the lid, flush the toilet and wash his hand by himself (most of the time I need to verbally remind him "what do you need to do after...
Hey so if you go to the Depends website you can get a free sample of the new depends in the mail. They have it for Americans and Canadians. Just thought I would pass along the info.
With DS I used infant prefolds and newborn prowraps from day one and loved the combo. I also love prefolds, they are very versatile, easy to wash and strip if needed (you can boil them) they dry much faster then fitteds, you can use them as doublers in nighttime diapers on older babies/toddlers and they make excellent rags/clean up cloths (I can soak up a whole cup of spilt liquid in a few seconds with a prefold and no drips!) plus they are cheap.   I do have to say...
When you check a car seat as baggage then they tend to get tossed around and mishandled which can damage them. Often the damage may not be obvious. I believe there may be some you tube vids of car seats being tossed through the air and hitting the tarmac.
I agree with Krista.   However If you for sure know that the seat was never in any kind of accident, the straps were never soaked, it was probably cared for, you have the instructions and the manufacture date/expiry date is clearly visible and it is not expired. (If it doesn't have the expiration date but has the manufactured date you can look on line for how long that make and model is good for). Then I would use it for the few months. If any of the above is not...
Very nice! I love diaper stashes :) I prepared and washed up my diapers last week but have yet to organize them (there in reusable shopping bags at the moment) Waiting till we move our bookshelves so I can set up the diaper storage rack and organize my stash :) 
  That is so sweet. Ahhhh poor girl, what a good little mama :)   DS was 3yrs 9 mons when we found out we were expecting again we told him with in a week or so if finding out and he was kinda indifferent for a bit and then he became really interested in reading his book "it's not the Stork" which he had showed ho interest in until then. We had to read that book over and over again and he loved the parts about how a baby is made and what a fetus does inside of a mamas...