or Connect

Posts by butterfly_mommy

Quote: Originally Posted by gretelmom Has anyone heard of a raw all-fruit diet for the first year of a baby's life???? On top of BM? As in the only solids are raw fruit? No but I have heard of a raw diet for babies, were all solids are raw.
I am a wrapper but would not find showering with a wrap on to be convenient for washing the baby or myself at all. They are great for going wadding with baby in the lake or pool. I have a hotsling pouch that is made out of a solvail type fabric and that works ok for in the shower but DS sits upright now. I have been showering with DS since he was about 6 weeks old and found that the easiest way to wash him is to have DH pass him to me or to lay him on the floor outside...
Trying to pull out the jewelry. Especially when working on that pincher grasp
Thanks for the input on grains. I have given DS some organic Oatieos that are wheat free and he loves them and is getting really good at the pincher grasp! We will try the kamut pasta later this week, maybe tonight! Yes I agree that self feeding is way easier then spoon feeding a baby, plus I feel so good knowing that my son is learning to recognize his hungry and full cues on his own, something that I do not have. In the morning I usually but DS in his chair and...
DS likes frozen blueberries, they are nice and cool on sore gums.
That is awful, I am so sorry that your Mother disrespected you that way and you little guy had an upset stomach. My mother is very respectful of me and my parenting decisions but my in-laws are another case. I was so afraid that they were going to try to slip DS some kind of crap that I never leave him unsupervised (like me or DH sitting right beside them and watching DS) Once I was sitting outside with my in-laws and they were holding DS, my niece was there eating...
I think it is great and you are a wonderful Auntie. Plus by the time you have your own children you will be a CD pro! I also do not think it is wrong to ask your sis-in-law to buy the detergent (or give you money so you can buy it) Since they will not have to buy diapers when the baby is with you.
Hmmm...strange my first instinct is that there is a build-up. I have three of them bought in the co-op and have not and any problem and DS is a heavy wetter. Actually I was very surprised that the inserts were absorbent after only 3 pre-washes. Here is my routine wash in cold with nothing then wash in hot with a 2/3 of a scoop of Nellie's with an extra cold rinse Dry at normal heat For the pre-washes I did one wash in hot with an extra rinse with the Nellie's...
We don't have a schedule at all either and are very go with the flow. However I used my keen observation skills and have noticed that: - DS gets tired and cranky around 90 mins-2 hours after waking up, we do a diaper change and then lie on the bed listening to classical music and I nurse him and I usually read to myself while he nurses and he usually closes his eyes and drifts off and will sleep for about 1-2 hours . - DS usually has another late afternoon/early...
There is no perfect way to parent, it is all about tradeoffs.