or Connect

Posts by PTmorgan

I've been seeing Sharon Stanley for a couple of years, and I would recommend her highly. She does craniosacral therapy, manipulations if you wish it, and homeopathy. I have a 14 month old son, and I brought him to see her for a couple of sessions after he was born. When he was 9 months old he was just learning to walk, falling down frequently, and was becoming quite fussy. Sharon did a quick treatment, and I had my sunny baby back! Her fees are about $200/session, and...
Hi! I just emailed you. It's great to have a local AP network! Beth
Hi! We are also in Firestone. It's just 15 minutes east of Longmont. I'm also looking for like-minded families in this area. Our son is 7 months old - what a wonderful age! We cloth-diaper, co-sleep, breastfeed, partial organic food, etc. As you can see by all the responses, there are a lot of us in this area. We need to look, ask, and probably look into the many groups in the area. Beth
Thanks, everyone for your support! Ryan is now five and a half months old, and is such a joy! I didn't really understand how attached I'd feel to another human. It's nice to hear about others who dealt with the two vessel cord situation. It carries some real risks, and some people, like miamira's friend, unfortunately end up on the wrong side of the statistics. Has anyone even heard of two knots, though? I'm trying to find out how often this happens, and haven't found...
I had my DS in June, and was diagnosed with a Two Vessel Cord at my 20 week ultrasound. The OB continued to monitor the growth by ultrasound every 6 weeks. My baby was in the 95th percentile for size in all the ultrasounds until the last one 6 weeks before birth. That one he was in the 75th percentile for size. When he was born (at 41.5 weeks) he was in the 25th percentile at 7 lbs 5 oz. Therefore, I believe his growth was slowing down due to a decrease of blood...
Wow! What a wonderful birth story. I'm sorry your husband was not there, but every sound of the birth is probably locked in his memory. I agree with you about how the pain is much worse when tensing up. When I was relaxed, the contraction was more of a pressure; when I was tense, it was pain.
My DH and I were excited about the upcoming birth of our first child. I am a strong proponent of natural childbirth, and we both attended the full series of Bradley childbirth classes. After much deliberation, we decided to have the baby at a hospital because we live out in the country - would not be able to make the "30 minutes decision to incision" if needed. We also hired a doula - the best decision we made! I agreed to just one prenatal test - the 20 week...
We have a king-sized bed, and DS is 5 months old. I've been worried sick about him rolling out of bed once he is more mobile. I've introduced the idea of putting the mattress on the floor to DH - got a neutral response. I've been looking for rails for king-sized beds too, but haven't found any yet. Does anyone have any ideas for this? My best bet is to put the mattress (and probably boxspring) on the floor if DH agrees.
Lynn, I've been reading the forums for a year, and my son is 4.5 months old. I've been too shy to post as well. I've never posted on any forum before, and don't know how! After reading your post, I didn't feel so alone. Here we go! We'll be expert posters in no time! Beth