or Connect

Posts by Astrogirl

Anything can be learned, as is demonstrated by folks who have moved overseas, esp if that move involved shorter or longer daylight/nighttime hours (i.e. where i moved we have far less darkness in the summer and far more less lightness in the summer).     You can adapt to anything, when you have the right tools, such as the ones people are providing in this thread.   I also believe that "true night owls" can be changed as well, i.e. when their interests change, etc.
Respectfully, why is this a contest?  It would be more ethical simply to have a list of "MDC friendly doctors" rather than try to use the excuse of a contest to collect date and information, if thats what the goal is.   I have a very supportive ped who was very open to me delaying and selecting my vaxes and went through the process with me.  However, I don't doubt for a minute that she would be very upset if i advertised her name all over a message board that has a...
Speaking as someone who has no family around, if the choice came down between having a grandmother who loves your son and eating a cheeseburger as a side effect of that,  and having no one but getting to stick to the idealistic diet in my head for my kids, I'd pick the love of a grandmother each and every time.   Yes, they sometimes come with drama.  Yes, they sometimes come with luggage.  Yes, they sometimes come with cheeseburgers.  But having other adults who will...
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm astonished so many people think this father daughter relationship is incestual and abnormal.  How sad.  My dad and I are very close and have a relationship just how you described. He's always been a generous person, and not just to me.   But here's the crux of the matter and the explanation for the limits of his generosity:  my dad has already had two wives.  Both put him through the ringer and took him to the cleaners.  So with...
I don't care what anyone does and its certainly an interesting conversation but I can't get stop laughing with the 'I dont want the government tracking me' anonymity stuff.  Its really hard to get past that.      As soon as you hit 'enter' in google, your interests, lifestyle, location - all registered and stored in a database.   As soon as you register for email, order anything, etc - it ALL leaves a paper trail.   More info and much more indemnifying info then a...
I use them both, mostly in poking fun at myself.   The example post that was linked here is exactly the context I suspected it would be in, and is a perfect example of usage.  I think calling it 'derogatory' is a little bit over the top.  Dimissive? Maybe.  At most its passive aggressive, which is really the only way you can be aggressive on some message boards and its got a good purpose:  to shake people out of their heads a little bit and perhaps reframe how one...
My daughter was like that.  It was just a phase.  Actually, it ended up being just a phase because I figured it was my duty as her parent to teach her that not everything can be in our control - I spent a lot of time explaining from a scientific point of view:  'playdohs made of this, so it sometimes does this.'  'your hands are very little, so sometimes your brain knows how to do something but you can't always make your hands do it, but you can practice and thats a good...
Speak for yourself.  I would say most women at MDC were just looking for like-minded people to share ideas with.  If you came to MDC as some sort of protective club where you can judge and be condescending, then I think you've come to the wrong place.  A few vocal people do it here, but its not received that kindly.   As for people calling you judgemental 1) I dont think they judged you, they were saying that the words you've been using are judgemental and 2) theres a...
I sure as hell wouldn't shit myself or threaten people.  That's not going to help anyone. 
If you read the linked report - there are bios on ALL of the doctors that testified (including testimony that this woman actually defecated herself in order to make the police officer clean it up).  Scary stuff.  I dont think its anti-vax criticism to link that report - I think its due diligence to help the OP in this thread.  Had I been aware of that report, in which she is not even mentally qualified to serve as a witness at her OWN hearings, then I would be remiss if...