or Connect

Posts by benharperfan

Here's ours (for 2 adults and 1 child): Mortgage: $1384.02 Home Equity: $360.00 Car: $589.26 Insurance: $99.47 HOA: $45 Cell: $102 Student Loans: $132.11 Water: $60 Tv & Online: $136.22 Gas: $30 (varies depending on season) Credit Card: $1800 (this is where all of our "other spending" goes - gas for the cars, groceries, netflix, gym membership, entertainment, etc) - MUCH higher than I want it but it is all on one card and we pay it off every month). Total spending:...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride Are sneeze guards the glass/plastic liners around the top of a salad bar? Because, if so, I don't get the point. Everybody puts their heads underneath them to see what they're choosing or to reach something in one of the bins. Mind you, I don't really care if I catch a bug from a food service worker, either...just not that big a deal in my life. yes, those are them. the point is that they prevent most...
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm Bride I wouldn't care about that, either. If people are standing at a salad bar, they're getting germs on the food, just by breathing. So what if they blow on it? really that isn't the case though. that is the point of sneeze guards as they are called. they are there to prevent people from breathing, sneezing, spitting or otherwise coming into contact with common food. staph bacteria lives in the mouth...
Sorry i would not give her a break. i worked in food service (as a "$5 an hourer" - well, less, I made $3.85, and also as a store manager) and blowing in someone's food is never "okay" in my book or the sanitation dept's book (i know, i did an internship for them in college). If she is blowing in someone's food while they are standing right there, what else is going on at that restaurant? How would you feel if another customer stood over a salad bar at a restaurant...
mine did ....but for the life of me i cannot remember which insurance i had at the time dd was born...how sad is that!! when i worked at bank one (now chase bank) they covered pregnancy as pre-existing up to like WHEN the baby was born, and benefits started on day one. so there were seriously girls in like their 7th month of pregnancy who would start there, get benefits, have the baby, then NOT come back to the job. creative financing, i guess??
Umm....I WOULD call the manager, because either someone TRAINED her that way in which case there needs to be a talk with the trainer, or someone DIDN'T train her anything about sanitation and that also needs to be addressed with the trainer. Either way, it needs to be known that it occurred.
gawd...they are the most precious little family. i was forwarding the pictures all around yesterday...i am so proud of them LOL!
Quote: Originally Posted by tapmilkmom As far as keeping kosher, I dunno, I'd think that if someone were comfortable enough having someone else over for dinner they would already know that. WHat? You never have people over at your house that you are just getting to know? I don't understand this part at all!
i can't imagine NOT having one....to pay the bills any way but online seems really difficult and time-consuming. our paypal accounts are linked to are bank accounts as well (they have to be, i believe, with a premier account)...so my WAHM business would be much more difficult without one. we have a checking and a savings, and we also have a separate savings account for DD.
I would be mortfied if I invited someone over to dinner, made something they could not eat for ANY reason, and then feel obligated to quickly try to make them something that they COULD eat. I would much rather know up front. Many Indians are vegetarian, so it's possible that she if she is using indian recipes, she may be making something vegetarian already (or something with chicken, as beef is not real common in Indian food). But why stress out about it? I've been a...