or Connect

Posts by tabrizia

DS was just went through an assessment by the school district.  He was around 3 1/2 when we finally sent in the paperwork.  He does qualify for an IEP.  Even without a free preschool/pre-K system they should have a system for assessing children between 3 and 5.  DS will be going to the local elementary school once a week to work with a speech therapist starting in March to work on his articulation issues.  It was a very easy process to navigate here once we knew the...
My Dad is one of 3 and my Mom is one of 8, 2nd oldest, so I have a bunch of cousins.   I only actually have 3 on my Dad's side I am the oldest one on my Dad's side then my sister, then my cousin, my brother and sister (twins) and another cousin all born the same year, and then my youngest cousin.  Age range there is 32 to 25 so fairly close.   My Mom is the second oldest of 8, I am the 4th oldest cousin there, 3 of us were born within 9 months of each other...
DS and DD are 23 months apart and DD and DS will be almost exactly 24 months apart.  Big things were carriers, being able to put the baby in the carrier and still play with DS was so nice.  If you are willing go ahead and use the TV if you need a break, I know horrors and evil and all, but sometimes you really need a break with two little ones.  Frozen dinners before they arrive, if you make something that can be frozen make a double batch and freeze the second portion,...
Honestly after the year and a half trial to get DS to finally use the potty I refuse to deal with potty training anymore.  DD and newbie can potty train themselves when they are ready.  In the end that is what DS did anyways.  DD does show some interest and when she asks we put her on the potty seat, but other then that, I am so not dealing with it at all.  I figure she'll train before college as will her soon to be little brother.  Other then that I am just not dealing...
I voted that I went both as a child and adult.  I actually went to Disney World the first time in utero.  I went again, for the real first time at 5 with my grandparents, parents and sister.  We didn't get back again till I was 14, but then we went 3 years in a row.  I also went for my Honeymoon, went to Disneyland for one day because DH and I were on vacation in the area and decided it sounded like fun.  Then went for my 5th anniversary, and then again the following...
DS always nursed to sleep at that age.  DD didn't she would nurse and then pop off and fall asleep about 10 minutes after she was done nursing, sometimes a bit shorter or longer.  That being said it was nothing we did, and we could get her to sleep carrying her in a carrier as well, since she didn't nurse to sleep.  I really think it depends on the child, some just need to nurse to sleep and some don't.
For DD it was cow's milk. Once we removed cow's milk from her diet again she had no issues at all.
We're starting with a convertible for this one.  I learned with DD I didn't need a bucket, since she hated it.  She was so much happier when we switched her to a convertible at 4 weeks.  I found it easier to pop her into a carrier and then deal with DS anyways vs carrying the baby bucket.  I never worried about the blankets falling on the ground, since they were just as likely to do that with the bucket as well.  I also just put on the carrier before I got in the car and...
Sure.  DS' winter mittens right now are hot pink.  He doesn't have an issue with it.  He doesn't have a ton of pink stuff since he is my oldest, but newbie who is a boy will be wearing some hand me downs from DD so he'll have pink in his wardrobe.  I would buy DS clothes in any color he requests, but since he doesn't really care about what he is wearing at this point, he tends to get more neutrals/boy colors just because they are easy to find.
Arun Kiran Rohan Prem Ravi Sunil Tarun   Are all fairly easy to pronounce and not too strange to the American ear.  We used Kiran as DS' middle name and newbie's middle name will be Mohan, it would have been Rohan, but DH's Great-Grandfather was Mohan so we decided to use that instead.