or Connect

Posts by Lissacamille

Thanks for all your replies and encouragement. I need to seriously support my daughter (and to the poster who said to make red raspberry leaf tea - I already have some!) I do feel that my daughter will be just fine. At her last birth, I was very careful to show nothing but positive energy for her. I will do the same for this birth! Now I'm going to read up on everything I can find!
Help! I am a little nervous. My daughter is having her second child and is planning on an unassisted childbirth. I am and have always been a proponent of midwives, homebirth, breastfeeding, and most of the "Mothering" philosophies that I read here. But I am so afraid of what might happen during my daughter's UC. I will say that she is having her husband, best friend, and me there (I was also at her first homebirth). I know logically that everything will probably be for the...
We ended up with five, but I so wanted more children than that! Being QF often means you accept fewer children than what you'd envisioned.
I have severe ADD and am on Adderall, which works like a miracle for me. I was diagnosed formally at 38 or 39, when I went into my dr. and said, I just can't cope anymore." I forget things constantly, I can't keep track of what needs to be done, etc. I have five kids, a DH who really chips in to help out, and a blossoming business that requires mega-concentration. I am a professional musician and I suspect that many "artsy" people are ADD!! At least all my musician friends...
Hi, I didn't know this thread was here. I am half-Indian (Potawatomi and Cherokee) and live in Oklahoma, where our tribe was moved in 1868 from the Illinois - Indiana area near Lake Michigan. We have a very active tribe with language classes, powwows every summer, health care and other things we've built with our own hands. I'm very proud to be an Indian mama!
My oldest DS works for IBM making a great salary and supports his family so his wife can stay home and "unschool" my grandson. My second son will be graduating from college this year, but will continue to go to school for the foreseeable future since he wants to teach at the college level in History. My daughter is perfect (ha); married with a job, she also teaches at my performing arts studio and will be singing professionally tonight. My niece is finishing up her...
I feel your pain! The MW had to turn our fourth child and I thought I would DIE. but then Jesse was born in a rush. Congrats and happy baby moon!
Quote: Originally Posted by GenB My lovely 19 yr. old dd is smoking. She REEKS of the nastiest cigarette smell! She also gets in a tanning bed and looks awful. She is so pretty and petite and has the most incredible personality! I don't know what to do! She stayed home to go to a local college and lives with us. I try to cut her some slack but Im having a hard time with this one. Of course, she doesn't smoke in the house but she and her friends...
I always posted a chore chart for my kids detailing what each child was to do on what particular day. It was very successful....for the first 18 years. Now they hardly do anything. It is very frustrating. As far as allowance, we didn't tie that in with chores. We gave each child so much per week and it had to cover whatever they wanted to buy. If they wanted "cool" clothes, they had to save up to get them, because I was a value shopper when it came to clothes. I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by smillerhouse I think that it is sad that so much is sexualized , the focus on hook-ups vs. caring,committment ,emtional intimacy. I have had many conversations with my dauhter about ojectifying people. It seems that is what goes on so much: so and so is gay, bisexual, he has a cute whatever,vs. experincing the fullness and adventure of life in whatever way. I have and continue to work very hard to have my now teens connected to...