or Connect

Posts by Joyster

At 33 weeks pregnancy if someone had said that to me, I might have flattened them. Really! I'm not a happy pregnant lady. Especially my last pregnancy.   More appropriately though would be to give her a Julia Sugarbaker chewing out. I wouldn't dream of asking anyone at 33 weeks to be on their feet for 6 hours. Heck at any point in pregnancy (If they can, great! I'm not about to ask though). It's not dying, but it can be really really taxing.
I'd be annoyed at the chore part, unless it were a good friend (and I'd be bringing some good food and helping anyhow if it were), I'd probably jet. My BFF came over the day I gave birth, brought some food, and held the baby. I think it's kinda stupid to distinguish that homebirth mamas need people to do chores for them. I had a homebirth. I wasn't suddenly a precious snowflake that all my chores had to be completed for me because I didn't give birth in the hospital....
This I actually blame on DH because it would so be his maneuvre.   DS1 had a friend over and they were playing. They started squabbling and his friend came over and said DS1 had hit him. I called DS1 over and asked if he hit his friend, DS1 said "I didn't hit him..........with my hands". Mother of the year here started cracking up. Fortunately the mother of the other boy is my BFF and she started cracking up too. That's why she's my BFF.
We've been inundated with dinosaurs for the last THREE YEARS. DS1 got interested in them when he was 2, and he's still going strong. We're actually considering a family vacation next year out west to Alberta. I have no desire to go to Alberta, I'd rather go to Newfoundland, but there aren't any T-Rexes in Newfoundland. lol I have two more DSes, so I'm guessing by the time I'm done raising them, I should be able to apply for a job at the museum as a paleontologist. :)
I have 3 boys, 5, 3 and 3 months. This morning, my 3 m/o was napping, while the 3 and 5 y/o were on the floor quietly colouring. Then there are moments when the baby is crying and the two big guys are running around playing monster games. They don't scream in the house, but they are noisy and I have to let them burn off some steam. In the summer we can go in the yard, but winter it's a little more difficult. There are times where I'll just go down into the basement for...
We had a birthday party recently for DS1, there were lots of dietary needs, but we managed to accomodate them all pretty easily. I was worried about it at first, but everyone enjoyed the food and all needs were met. I pride myself on being a good hostess, so doing something a little different with the menu is not a big deal for me.
Yep, we have one that we socialize with a lot. The kids get on great, we all have similar values and we actually get chatting time because the kids take off somewhere. Another family, we're really getting to know well as well. We're starting to reconnect with friends we've had pre kids, now we have three and they have 1. It was their DD's first playdate, even though it was dinner and hanging out as much as we could. We'd like some more families, but it's often hard to...
Frankly, I'd stop tip toeing around them. They can then decide whether or not they want to be around me, but there is not a second when it comes to MY pregnancy would I consider not using words like labour, or contractions. If words are going to damage their birthing for years to come, well then they can steer clear.   That said, I do agree with the PPs who have said that it's probably a better idea to not have her present during your labour. I'm sure there are...
sometimes. I usually tough it out, but if I'm throwing up or have a nasty fever all bets are off and DH has to either be here or arrange childcare.
I grew up in a very poor area next to a pretty wealthy one. There was no money growing up. I literally patched my shoes with decks of playing cards and tape, and that doesn't go far in a Canadian winter. Anyhow, I would often go to the local park with my dog and I was treated very differently. They knew from my clothes, the fact I didn't live in their area, my mannerisms. Likewise with high school, which I went to out of my area. Silly thing is, those kids weren't that...