or Connect

Posts by Joyster

I get by fine with a good pair of warm mittens.
We use it a lot. You might have seen me saying it here from time to time. Like many PPs said, it's a serious, you need to shape up sort of talk.
Is this your first baby? I'm not asking because I'm trying to be snarky, I just think it's sweet. I kiss my babies often, way often, I can't stop. There is no way DH can keep up with me. The boys are just as bonded with DH as they are me. You'll find that they bond to different parents in different ways based on your personalities and how you interact, but as long as they feel that love and security, I wouldn't worry about if they will.
I had all but abandoned hope about this thread. I think us GTA moms don't check in on this as much. My mom friends are pretty laid back, but most of them secretly think I'm nuts for homebirthing and that I'm anal about food (however passionate) and discipline. My friend who lives in Whitby loves Pingles farm. Are there any farms that folks know about that stay open year around. Not so much for activities, but just buying food? Whittamore's is the closest to me, so I've...
That's tough, I'd be upset for my kid too. It's not the way we work, but we have to deal with the fact that not everyone does that and there might be a lesson in that for your DD. On the petty part, I'd probably make certain that her party is phenomenal though. DS1 just had his party this weekend and invited a whole slew of kids, when I realized that something like 3 kids in his class weren't invited, I asked DS1 about it, and he immediately invited them because he...
I've done both. Last year DS1 had a party at a place we rented out. NOT CEC since I can't stand that place, but a nice little indoor playground with lots of activities. Ordered pizza, had chips, veggies, dip and cake. The kids had a blast. This year, we had it at home, and had way more kids (go fig!). We did lots of games, activities, hired three local teens to help out. Had sandwiches, veggies, dips, fruits, chips, cake. We made the activities, begged, borrowed, stole...
Quote: Originally Posted by AllyRae Wait wait wait. My 6 year old was being a snot and wouldn't put on his socks for school and was almost late for school. So I took the socks (not balled up or folded) and tossed them over to him and they landed in his lap. In Ontario, *that* would get my child taken away from me?! I find that very hard to believe. And if so, well, I think Ontario needs to be looking at the huge amount of *real* child abuse out...
I have to report, and I've worked in child protective services. I CANNOT detain someone like that on a subway. I would not, it would break numerous rules, get me fired and possibly put myself and the child at risk. If I saw a parent melting down, I'd talk to them in an effort to get them to calm down. In a situation like yours and if I thought it warranted an investigation, my course is to call the police, then a file can be opened, by someone not myself since I am a...
They're illegal in the states? That is so weird. Did they say why? If it's any consolation, I have a strict non-judging rule when it comes to snapshots into people's lives at really crummy times. An airport definitely classifies as that. Sorry she had to go through that, it really sucks.
If the grandparents are fine with it, then leave it be. There is not etiquette stating that all grandchildren have to refer to grandparents by the same name. If they're not fine with it, then leave it be, it's a ball of wax you don't have to get involved in and really in the end, it's in the not your business camp.