or Connect

Posts by Joyster

I think you can look at it a lot of ways, if you go, you're modeling good behaviour on sucking it up one day for the one you love, or you're teaching the kid to be a bridezilla in that people don't matter, so long as he has his day. I haaaaaate CEC. I went for one birthday party. Drunk people, crazy kids, sensory overload (and I don't have sensory issues). My oldest outgoing child, pretty much shut down and stuck close to me and that's saying a lot. The bathrooms were...
Not really. Sure I think my kids are the best in the world, but it's not really coming from a place of "Oh my kids are perfect, I'm never envious!" DS1 is an easy going guy, always has been, sociable, compliant, helpful, sweet, loving you name it. He has his moments, but we deal and move on. DS2 is not so easy going. He's very loving and sweet, but sociable and helpful, not so much (except at school, go fig!). He has a mild speech delay and he's catching up in spades,...
DS1 (5) has oodles. He's a social butterfly. We're having his birthday party on Saturday and the place is going to be filled with kids. I'm terrified for the party, but also happy that DS1 is so blessed. DS2 (3) is more quiet. He does have friends, but at school, I wonder if he's a loner because he has no problems playing by himself or doing things on his own. He only has a few that he can recall by name. However, he does a lot better one on one with a child vs a larger...
None! University was a scholarship. College was paid for by yours truly, but I covered it in a few years, it was that much cheaper and because of the scholarship and working and saving, I just had the cash to burn.
My FIL has that one, he loves it. So does my MIL who is not a camera person, but has taken some really neat shots with it. I have a fancier version that I adore. Both of our cameras produce the same quality photos, I just get a few more features to play with.
If it were to remove excess skin, than yes. I have no illusions of being the ideal beauty according to the media. I'm always going to be plus sized and I'm okay with that, but I also plan on losing about 40lbs and if that leaves a bunch of skin, I'm not okay with that. I don't want to be a size 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 or 10, though a 12 would be nice, I'm gunning for a 14, and I do want to feel comfortable in the skin I'm in and that doesn't include me having a bunch of excess...
There's a crunchy look checklist now? Oh my!
1.) if you see someone parked really strangely, do you avoid being parked next to them and find another spot? So you don’t inadvertently cause the above situation. I do. I generally try to park near the cart corrals, which fortunately usually have a few spots empty because everyone parks near the doors. 2.) If someone parks next to you like that, how hard to you have to fight the urge to “accidentally” hit their car door with yours? The only thing stopping me is...
I'd probably do the GA, largely because my back from my first birth and epidural was not a happy camper. With GA, I've only had it once, but only suffered from maybe an hour's worth of fogginess and was back to normal.
My husband and doula were both very much needed at my homebirth. One did support, while one did troubleshooting and they switched roles when needed. During the first part (it was all pretty much active labour) DH needed to get the kids off to his parents and doula was there providing acupressure to my back and getting me through contractions while this was happening. She was the one who was on the phone to the midwives, she was the one who helped to find this, that or the...