or Connect

Posts by Joyster

I nearly drove myself nuts with number 1 worrying about his poop and he pooped once every 4 days or so. He peed a lot and was gaining and despite LCs, nurses, moms, my doctor, Dr. Newman himself telling me to chill, I think I still weighed him and counted diapers til he was 4 months old. He's 5 now, poops like a champion and perfectly healthy. Don't be me. If baby is otherwise healthy and gaining, don't drive yourself nuts about a bunch of...well...shit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoopin' Mama Have you been to a good preschool? Because ours enriched our lives considerably. We were part of a true community. I know standards vary, but I can't believe ours is the only child-care center like that? And back to the original question - we attended a child-care center that was a converted home. One side was referred to as the "toddler" side, and the other was referred to as the "preschool" side, and it's...
I've never felt any pain when the placenta came out. With my second, I felt a good urge to push and out it came. With my third, I didn't feel any urge, I was pooped and I felt strange pushing when I didn't have to, but there was no pain and no one ever pulled on it.
My labour started at around 6am, we woke up the grandparents to come get our boys. They live down the street and as much as I love my kids, I really could not have handled the noise and madness two little boys add to the mix while trying to focus on my labour. I really prefer the quiet while I suffer. The grandparents brought them by a couple hours later to meet their brother and then kept them overnight so DH could focus on me and I could focus on baby. I don't think I'd...
No, technically it is not natural unless you're in a ditch, in a snow storm, having walked uphill both ways and driving pins under your nails just to make sure that you're in enough pain. Seriously? What's next, are we going to get the third degree because we used acupressure massage or had hot showers? They too bring a little (and I'm emphasizing the little) measure of relief. Tylenol *snort* I was ready to break out some Vodka, I would have felt the pain, but I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by dogretro An acquaintance of mine used to carry around a v pink & flowery diaper bag. She had a son. People constantly asked her if she had thought that he was going to be a girl. Her answer was that, no, she knew he was going to be a boy but that SHE was still a girl and SHE liked the pink diaper bag. Since SHE was the one carrying around, she decided to buy the one that she liked the best That could be me. I...
I think I might have insisted that the meat feeder tell vegan mom first, but otherwise I think it was the right, if uncomfortable thing to do and I'm largely MYOB type too.
I'm one of those SAHMs who is slapping those WOHM in the face with having two kids in their Montessori. Funny though, my WOHM friends don't feel that way at all. Being friends and good people I guess they are seeing the positive affect it has on my children, namely DS2 who I mentioned upthread, and being the loving aunties they are, they couldn't be more thrilled for him. It's not at all institutionalized and it's pretty much like what GuildJenn has described of her...
I was fine with a CRV until I became pregnant with number 3. I have a van now, and the space and remote doors rock, but I still miss my CRV a lot.
I'm not seeing how having a conversation interrupted and being called out in front of a group of people for not being on top of my child any less embarassing if the OP is embarassed that this has happened and feels horrible about it. Calmly telling a child who is invading your child's space physically "Little Johnny doesn't like that, please stop" is well within most people's realm of normal and reasonable. Especially if the behaviour is happening in front of the...