or Connect

Posts by Joyster

one of my dearest friends has a little guy who is a handful. She is pretty wired about him because he can also hit and be aggressive and my guys aren't. However we also both discipline each others children if the other one of us cannot deal with the child at the moment. She is my friend, she loves my kids and I trust her to not hurt them. She knows my style and I know hers, so we keep within those. That said, your little one kept on doing something that was annoying her...
I sent my 2 year old to our Montessori. I spent a good few nights crying about it too before we sent him off, thinking I was a failure as a SAHM not being able to help him through this problem and how awful I was sending my non verbal child to preschool. And this was a school I knew and loved and trusted, having my oldest attending there for a year. Part of the reason why we sent him at two was that he was going to be enrolled in our Montessori in September, but we...
I remember myself taking public transit alone when I was about ten. I was a streetcar ride away from my mother's work during rush hour and would go down to meet her. We lived downtown, so it was a busy route, going to Eaton Centre, which is a pretty busy place. I think it would depend on the route, how street savvy my child was, the hours and of course maturity.
I like being near the cart corral, bonus points if it's a throughsy, I hate backing up the van at my grocery store. Elsewhere and without kids, I try to get as close as possible, especially in crummy weather.
I get brave a lot too. Really, there wasn't much brave about it, I was in hard core labour about 1/2 hour in, total labour was 2 hours, and I wasn't moving from my comfy spot on the bed unless there was a darn good reason. By the time the midwife arrived to check me, it would have been more risky to move me than to let me home birth. I suspect some of my more medically minded friends think I'm nuts and took a risk, but they are genuinely happy for me that I got my home...
I think you engaged them to the nth. Not only did you start the fire when you asked them to stop spitting and called it disgusting, but you poured gasoline on it when you called them spitty girls. Of course they're going to freak. Preteens, hormones, drama! You're not dealing with adults, you're dealing with young bullies and they are going to try and get a reaction from you, and they did in spades. I'm sure they're running back to their parents telling them about the lady...
Quote: Originally Posted by angelpie545 I am very surprised to hear that a DCP who handle a charge's penis beyond the length of time it takes to run a baby wipe over it quickly. I used to work at a preschool and if one of us ever took enough time to retract a boy it would have looked very suspicious. With the amount of sexual abuse scandals going around I'm really shocked that daycares would expose themselves to so much liability. This!
I have three boys, and would have loved a girl. In fact I went through a good week of gender disappointment when I found out this guy was a girl. The jury is still out whether we'll have another child or adopt, DH is worried he's getting too old. Me, I'm still very much in my child bearing years and haven't even contemplated the idea of this being my last baby. Denial is so nice right now. *G* I sometimes feel sad at this point that I might not have a girl to impart all...
I drank some water for first trimester u/s, but never the huge amount recommended. I had to have an u/s at 23 weeks because this guy was hiding his face and balling his hands. I had one bottle of water, and the tech, a mother of three who had the same midwife told me that the giant amount is rarely needed. I had to have another one at around 35 weeks, they told me to drink a tonne of water. I outright refused. Good thing too, because they were running 1 hour late. I...
I didn't get along with my primary midwife at the start. Funny thing is, post partum, we have really got on. I never really doubted her abilities though, just how well we seemed to click. Anyhow, I fretted for most of my pregnancy, wanting my secondary whom I got on with famously, to be there. During the prenatal care, the clicking was pretty important for me. During labour, my primary was not actually able to make it and my secondary acted as my primary with another...