or Connect

Posts by lisavark

Have you tried nursing on the potty? It's a bit of an acrobatic challenge but that was the only way I was able to EC my DD at night! He could be waking up because he needs to pee but then getting frustrated because he doesn't want to pee, he wants to nurse and go back to sleep. (I mean, who really WANTS to get out of bed in the middle of the night to pee, right?) Since he's old enough to hold himself sitting up, you could try what I did: pick him up, put the boob in his...
My daughter is exactly the same. People say, "she's so cute," and she says, "NO! I'm NOT cute!" and runs away. It's terrible.    A few weeks ago my mother (who babysits regularly and how DD ADORES) talked to DD about it. She brought it up at a time when DD was happy and calm and no incident had happened, and she talked about how the proper, "princessy" thing to do (I tried to avoid the princess thing, but wow, it must be instinctive for three year olds! LOL!) is to...
Olliesmama, my Grant Park playgroup has families from Grant Park, EAV, Ormewood Park, and Cabbagetown, so nobody from far away but definitely not all within actual GP boundaries. All within the neighboring areas though. I haven't been to any of the new EAV playgroups but I used to go when they had one all-ages playgroup. I lived in Peoplestown at the time (just southwest of Grant Park) but I live in Grant Park now. I had a friend come once who lived up in Dunwoody, and...
Grant Park has a HUGE parent network with playgroups for every age. You don't have to live in GP--lots of East Atlanta families are in mine. I love the EAV parents network too. Here's a link to Grant Park's: http://grantparkparents.org/. Click on the playgroup link.    There's also an intown AP mamas group, although you said you weren't looking for one with hipster requirements. ;)    Decatur has tons of playgroups too if that's closer for you. I don't really...
Yesterday we had an OT evaluation and DD was officially diagnosed with sensory processing disorder (tactile defensiveness). It is such a relief. I've been pretty sure for a while but it feels really good to have an official diagnosis. So after the OT appointment we went to the farmer's market and ran into a friend who, of course, greeted DD by tousling her hair. (why do adults always want to do that to kids?!? And then get offended when kids don't like it? Would YOU like...
I came on here today just to read threads like this. So I'd be reminded that my three year old is normal. I've heard that three is the first teen year, and lately I just keep reminding myself of that. Mine doesn't need to be told no to throw a tantrum lately--she tantrums all the time for no reason. She invents reasons for tantrums. I've never, ever ignored her before, but I've started now! I think she's just trying to establish a higher level of independence from me, so...
Sigh. AF came last night. It was CD 30 so I was really hopeful, my cycles are like clockwork and average 27 days. The longest cycle I've had in the past year was 30 days, and that was only once. So of course this month would be a long cycle, just to get my hopes up.    Anyway...I shouldn't be disappointed, it's only our first month trying, but I actually am. We got pregnant the minute we tried with DD so this whole trying-and-waiting thing is totally unfamiliar to...
A Broadway singer. She has pretty much every word of every song memorized in Annie, Mary Poppins, and most of The Sound of Music. :) 
I'm in the 2WW! I think I ovulated last week (not 100% when since I just chart, don't do temp). I told DH we need to keep DTD every other day. We haven't done it that much since before I got pregnant with DD, and wow, that was fun. I actually kinda hope it takes us a few months to get pregnant because that whole trying to get pregnant thing is super fun. 
So about a month ago I posted here about pulling my daughter out of her Montessori preschool. I love love loved it, love Montessori, would like to get certified to teach adolescent Montessori, and am thinking about doing Montessori long-term. However, my daughter wasn't even three yet (she turns three tomorrow, yay!!), and the primary program was just way too much for her. She couldn't handle going five days a week and she was totally overwhelmed by all the kids,...