or Connect

Posts by Xoe

Hi MomtoS.  I hit "reload" on this page, and was able to see your posts.  Sounds like you are making very nice progress!  What kind of "bark" are you making???  As for me-- I can see the floor in the girl's room.  I have a bags of 3T, 4T, 5T and 6T clothes sorted, as well as clothes, books and toys to get rid of.  Still...there is just.so.much.  Ugh!  They don't have the biggest room in the world, but it is packed.  No wonder we can never see the floor!  Arrrrgh!  
Okay, isign, sounds like you're off to a good start.  I'll make a bathroom run, then it's back to the kid's room again.  (Oh heaven help me, I have neglected their room for waaay tooo looong!  I've got to figure out how to throw out at least 1/2 of their toys, LOL!) 
I'm in.  I just finished about 30 minutes in the kid's room.  Need a break.  I'll speak up when I find the shovel and I'm ready to dig in again, LOL!
My oldest daughter was like your son right after she turned one. Everyone told me to read Ellen Satyrs books (ie: How to Feed your child, but not too much.) Good books, but she dropped way off the growth chart. She ate no food and drank almost no formula. My child was starving, and everyone, including the ped, said wait and see. Strangers would ask what was wrong with this child. When we look back at pictures of her at 2, we can see she looked almost like a cancer...
Quote: Originally Posted by La Rune I'm struggling with this and my poor DD is only 13 months old. She has always been a high-needs baby, and I have to admit, that made me angry. I have no tolerance for screaming. Crying I can take, it makes me feel like helping a child ... screaming is a different story. It makes me want to just shut. them. UP. And she has been a screamer from Day 1. Even when I was wearing her, nursing her, bouncing her, and...
.....not listening to mama??? in the cart you go!
I'm really hoping some other mothers weigh in on this one. My 4 year old is also fairly negative. She can have the most fun at an event. However, if you ask her how it went later, she'll tell you she didn't have any fun because some one thing or other did not go her way. I have a (talking) 22 month old who also irritates my 4 year old. I'm thinking of instituting an hour each day where we practice being kind, saying nice things to each other and putting each other...
Re: December Birthdays. Quote: Originally Posted by happyhats .....Of course my conodrum is whether to do a big party for her first birthday or not. I know my family will want one but it's only a week until Christmas and I don't know that I want all that hoopla at once. My DD's birthday is 5 days before X-mas. We celebrated her 3rd birthday on Xmas day at dinnertime. She had a great day, and all the family was able to be together. If we...
ROFLOL! Don't want to be a stump when it's all said and done? OP, I totally get that! (My daughter asked me to read the Giving Tree today, too, ironically.) Finding the middle ground? I think your heart/insticts/conscious tells you where it is, most of the time. The fact that you even asked that question means that you are probably pretty much on target. Parents who don't help their children learn to be self-sufficient are doing themselves and their kids a...
I'm not sure what you are referring to, either. But in my opinion, being an "authentic parent" means you're paying attention to who your child is, and trying to provide your child with what he or she needs for healthy development, sometimes without regard to sticking to some parenting philosphy, your previously held personal beliefs, or rules you've set up based on a theory. Each child is different. Each age and stage is different. Each day is different. You can't...