or Connect

Posts by Twopeaedpod

OP, we got our VR July of 2013 and I am now 19 weeks :) The stats are that it takes about a year for 35 and under and more as you get older (the woman). There's so many other aspects to it, but I highly recommend this group: http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a670695/trying_to_conceive_after_vasectomy_reversal   Just make sure you come back here for your due date club when you do conceive b/c babycenter isn't a very "natural-minded" community :)
Wow, we had no idea the Canadian system was so slow compared to the US! Here evaluations must happen 60 days from when you (the parent) request an evaluation! That's night and day. Apparently (my husband looked into it today) Ontario is worse, a 2-3 year wait!   We simply do not have that time so we will be looking into registering him here as a homeschooler (vs in Canada) if we can get his mother to agree. Then we are more likely to get him the help he/we need faster....
Thanks so much for the feedback! So, if it is not harmful to them to be diagnosed, then I think that is our best bet. We are in a delicate situation, however, where his mother lives in Canada, his father lives here in the states, and he (DS) goes back and forth (50/50) between them. He is not registered here for homeschooling b/c we live in NY and it's a PITA to meet regulations, but in Ontario, where his mom lives, there are no homeschool regulations. So, I'm not sure...
Also, from watching this (and being a teacher myself, by trade and having witnessed what he is talking about), I suspect getting an evaluation and diagnosis will not help him much anyway. If it's only to make us feel better, then it's not worth it. We certainly don't need any school boards trying to pull him into the system. http://www.aspergerexperts2.com/video-1/?gw=youarein1277   What is your opinions on just following the advice of these and other similar "experts"...
So, we have been dealing with behavioral (and other) issues in DS (actually my step DS), now age 9, for about 3+ years now.   We, at first, suspected ADHD or ADD, but that didn't feel right at times and his therapist assured us he was not displaying symptoms of either. We continued to be boggled and I recently stumbled upon a video on Youtube explaining Aspergers and we're thinking maybe this MAY be what is going on. We're to the point of feel desperate for answers since...
This post is part rant and part plea for advice...   We unschool and because we live in NY we have to file LOTS of paperwork with our school district. For that reason, I'd really like to hear from other NY unschoolers who have figured out how to handle this. We just started this year (age 6, K) and because I am a NYS certifiable teacher in early childhood ed I know the learning standards and all the fancy education lingo and bull...so I had no problem with...
That is so sad, VioletLove, and yes, how ignorant of the midwife! The group is just "Unassisted Pregnancy & Childbirth" and admined by a couple.   I like the idea of lying and saying I'm seeing a doctor and right, they can't discuss. How about medwives (you know, the "midwives" at the doctor's practice), they are also bound by the same rules, no? We have a very large doc/midwife group here and I could say that I'm seeing them, but my students will wonder why since I...
Ah, yes, I requested to join the FB group (closed) a few weeks ago, still nothing :P I guess they are picky...not sure how to ask to be accepted. Geez. I'll look for the other one, but I don't want my posts getting put on my newsfeed! lol edit: Oh! I found the all welcome one! Requested :)
I wish...I teach natural childbirth classes in our community and if it were to somehow get back to a midwife (whom everyone I am networked with regularly talks to) or doctor, then they may report me to CPS if they didn't like what they heard. :(
Looking for stories/sharing experiences of what you said when people asked, "Who is your doctor/midwife?" I am in a position where I absolutely cannot dodge this question (I'm part of the local birth services network!) so if I say "noneya" basically, then it will be highly suspicious and I just couldn't be that rude anyway - it's not in my nature :(   So, please do share what creative things you said when asked, ladies?! or other ideas! I do so appreciate it! :) I'm...