or Connect

Posts by momzilla

Here is Matthias' 2 week picture. He is gaining 2 oz. per day. He weighed 10 lbs. 8 oz. at his 2 week weigh-in. (I make cream for milk.)
Matthias Justus. Born Wed. 9/18 at 6:25 a.m. waterbirth at home 9 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. EDD 9/14
Thanks, ladies!  
vc2013, labor started at 11pm, and I started to push at 6:20 a.m. My labors previously were so easy; this one was hard!
Matthias Justus was born today at home in water at 6:25 a.m. 9 lbs. 2 oz. 20" His 5 siblings witnessed his birth. He was posterior, but we were able to get him to flip at the end.
Congrats to you and your family! What a wonderful welcome he received!
Here is a picture from 1 week ago, when I was 37 weeks 5 days:     The belly painting is a picture on Labor Day at the Rally to Improve Birth www.improvebirth.org, when I was 38 weeks 2 days.  (I posted this picture in another thread earlier, as well.).
Haurelia-   The movement needs as much publicity as possible.  Any outreach in the community is superb!  Thanks for considering starting one in your area next year!
Anyone doing/planning something "crunchier" than they thought they would do?   I'm planning on doing umbilical cord burning at our planned homebirth.  Never done it before, but wanted a ceremony that the kids could be part of, as well.  Our children have been present at all the homebirths, so we are planning that they will be present at this one, as well.   I'm also planning to encapsulate my placenta.  I had a few weeks of intense depression during my 2nd trimester...
The waiting is difficult.  I try to have something special planned each day, so I have something to look forward to.  They aren't extravagant by any means: read a magazine that doesn't deal with birth/babies), take a candlelit bath, get a back/foot massage, have my toenails painted, get a chocolate crossaint from our local European Pastry Cafe, watch a feel-good movie (that doesn't have to deal with birth/babies), read a novel, etc...   Did you know there is a term for...