or Connect

Posts by sunshine1793

I think you're doing the right thing, and I don't think you'll be sorry later - I think you will be so happy later. They are the ones who will probably be sorry. I agree w/ a pp poster: put them on ignore. Be nice and friendly if you still wish be aquaintences, but some things don't need to be said if it is a contentious issue. On the other hand, you can just be clear that you are happy with what you are doing, that you will not deny your baby milk when he needs it, and...
My website/blog is wordpress. I am really happy with it because it is easy to learn and use, and it has a simple attractive layout.
I hear you about getting overwhelmed with ingredients; so do I! I hope you'll give it a try though because it's actually quite fun. We buy our flours from the bulk food store. When we get home, I transfer the flours into canning jars, ice cream buckets, or honey containers. As needed, I mix up a few batches of the flour so whenever I need it for a recipe it's ready to go. I don't bake on the same day as I make the flour!
Hi Theia, Here is an all-purpose flour recipe: 350 g white rice flour 240 g brown rice flour 160 g sweet (glutinous) rice flour 160 g tapioca starch 90 g corn starch 80 g potato starch 20 g unflavored gelatin 20 g xantham gum Measure into a large glass bowl, stir well with a whisk, sift into a 4 L ice cream bucket. Btw, are you familiar with these ingredients? Also, here is a scone recipe: 250 g all-purpose flour 30 g sugar 15 g baking powder 5...
Yes. I am learning as much as possible about the diseases dd is not vaccinated against, and the alternative/traditional/herbal remedies. I think that by choosing not to vax, I am responsible for knowing what to do in the event that we get sick, whether it's me with the flu, or dd with chicken pox.
Thanks for your replies. I appreciate your thoughts. So gender is a cultural, learned concept that most people tend to agree with? I mean, most girls will feel like girls enough to accept that cultural construct for their lifetimes, and likewise for boys. I guess that would be the sex-gender link? Then there is a significant number of people who do not identify with the gender that their biological sex would link them to. Would that be the heart/mind/soul/spirit...
A question arising from the tread on a boy wearing a dress: what is a woman, and what is a man, anyway? What is it that defines gender? A person's DNA, the shape and function of their physical body, what they want or feel themselves to be, what they wear, the work they do, their role in society? A certain combination, or is it relative to each individual? (Or none? How does a person determine to which gender they belong?) Its really interesting the different...
We say: STOP WHINING, quite firmly, and then give an explanation and/or a 'command' to do something else. Or is possible, engage with them in doing something else. "You already asked, and we said no. Go and play with your toys." "The bagel is in the toaster, it will be ready in 3 minutes." Airplane ride around the house, playing with a ball, etc. I find, dd doesn't really respond to polite requests when she is in one of those moods. We need to speak in more...
The main concern from where I live seems to be that a high percentage of people will all get it at once, and the effect that will have on essential services and the economy. If 1 or 2 thirds of your hospital staff are sick, that is going to be a problem. Likewise, teachers, bus drivers, power station workers, truckers, business people. Shoppers, lol. Etc. Its not so much the death toll, but complexity of our society/economy that I think they are worried about. There is...
I would go with your husband's last name. I think it honors your first daughter to carry yours, and it honors your husband to have these children to bear his name. Dd1 was born quite some time ago, when you were both in a different stage of life. I don't think it necessarily discounts your feminist ideals; it shows that you can appreciate honoring both sides of the family. Or have it split along gender lines, if dd1 might feel left out.