or Connect

Posts by LaLaLaLa

I'm sorry for those fighting educational battles.  My kids seem to be right on track for their ages at the moment.  They are both doing well in school and meeting the reading and math milestones, and the social stuff, too, but aren't remarkable enough to need extra attention either to overly challenge them or to pull them up to grade level.  My DD is one of the youngest kids in the second grade, though, due to having a summer birthday and also to the fact that our town...
Dipping my toes back in, after spending an hour trying to catch up.  I'm sick again, with another head cold that I've been trying to chase away with NyQuil.  It's marginally working.  A week from tomorrow we leave for our annual school vacation Florida trip, so I'm hoping a week in the sun will bake all of the germs out of me once and for all.   JenLove--I'm so sorry about your grandmother.  My grandmother was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and is now in an...
I feel terrible because I skipped the entire month of January.  I'm sorry for being a bad dingo.     Mid-December I came down with a nasty cold, had a fever on Christmas Eve and was really sick for the two weeks following.  I finally got on an antibiotic for the sinus infection that developed.  Just as I was starting to feel better, our family got the throwing-up thing.  Norovirus, I think.  It absolutely decimated DD's second-grade class.  There are 19 kids in her...
So, raw garlic and hot tea and nasal rinsing and steam are all well and good.  But after two doses of a twenty-dose amoxicillin prescription, I feel better than I've felt in two weeks.  I never would have survived the caveman days.     Today with my newfound health and vitality I took myself to the mall and bought myself two super-expensive pairs of running tights, in order to entice myself back on the roads next week.  One of them is UnderArmor, which I've been...
2012 is not starting off well running-wise.  Ugh.   I have a sinus infection.  I've been sick since Christmas Eve but thought I'd try to guts it out with rest and tea and nasal rinsing.  This morning I woke up to super-goopy eyes and decided that if I'm producing enough gunk in my sinuses that it's squeezing out through my eyeballs, perhaps it's time to get on an antibiotic.  I'm hoping to feel better by the weekend and maybe pick up running again next week....
Wrote a long post; was eaten by my computer.   Summary: Geo--Awesome; that's the diet for me! Real--Your MIL stinks; how hard is it to read a label?   I hope to survive the next two days.  I feel so sick and spent today hosting DH's family.  Cooked, cleaned, conversed, the whole nine yards.  I didn't even have any appetite to eat anything, and when everyone left I took a nap.  I was running a fever, which is very unusual for me.  I hope tomorrow will be...
Oh, TV question!   This year I started bribing the kids with TV if they get ready in the morning on time.  If they are completely ready for school by 7:40, they can have one show.  The past week or so they haven't been getting ready in time, and haven't put up much of a fuss about missing out on their show.   DD gets home so late (3:45) that we generally don't watch any TV in the afternoon, because we have other stuff taking up that time--ballet, piano, drum...
Happy Hanukkah!  I hope it's a wonderful week for all who celebrate.   Nic--I love my YakTrax, but you'll have to excuse me for fervently hoping I have no opportunity to use them at all this winter.   Sparkle--I'm sorry about your rejection letter, even though you were expecting it.     Argh.  I was just entering the door to the grocery store to buy all of the stuff I need for Saturday when the school nurse called and said DD had a fever of 101.  No...
Sparkle--I'm glad you survived the party!  That's a lot of kids in the house!   Shanti--My DH pulls the same sort of nonsense with food.  I work two nights a week.  One of those nights he takes the kids out for junky food.  The other night, he prefers I leave something for them to eat, because "it's so hard to try to cook something with the kids underfoot."  A pause as I wait for him to think through.  Nothing.  Until I say "so you think it's easier for ME to make...
Jo--I'm sorry your DD is still sick and the cold medicine is making things so awful.  I hope she'll be on the mend soon.   Real--I'm sorry things are feeling bad at the moment, and it's good that you aren't attached to an idea (EBF) that you recognize might not be workable in the long term.  I agree that December is a lousy time to make major changes, though.  Most of the people I know, including me, are at the breaking point with some aspect of their lives right...