or Connect

Posts by Alpenglow

Found this blog that has some ideas (most appear to be products to buy, but give good ideas. Not sure if it would work with an area at the bottom of stairs.    http://www.bystephanielynn.com/2011/02/entryway-mudroom-inspiration-ideas-coat-closets-diy-built-ins-benches-shelves-and-storage-solutions.html   If short on seating space, I'd lean towards having hooks and cubbies instead, and use the stairs to sit on to remove boots/shoes.
Chariot stroller with the infant sling or infant bivvy inserts (depending on the time of year).  REI carries them.    Can be used with a newborn.  You want bicycle tire or "pneumatic" wheels to help absorb shocks.  But jogging is not recommended unless you can very carefully control the sudden movements and bumps, e.g. I would only do it on a paved, smooth trail.  Otherwise, I would stick with brisk walks.  Just watch the baby's head and if they are starting to jiggle at...
Be careful with planks - they are more advanced and require good core strength in the pelvic floor and transverse abdominus.  I would recommend consulting a physiotherapist who specializes in postpartum rehab.   The exercises (especially the ones that target transverse abdominus) should be taught with supervision in order to ensure the correct muscles are targeted.  Avoid sit ups or anything that makes the split widen.  I was told that 18 months is the window for healing....
I second setting up a separate account with higher interest rate that is a bit harder to access the savings.   If you have access to emergency funds from family, then I would be inclined to focus on paying down the debt and restoring credit rating.  If you have no other supports financially for emergencies, then I would personally want a better cushion....much more than $1000 - more like the equivalent of 6-8 months of basic survival living expenses.  And ensure that the...
Good point, Katelove.  Even though my x has no where close to 50/50, I still have way more free time than I ever had while married!
Divorce is hard to go through, amicable or not.   I'm sure you have thought long and hard about 50/50 and ultimately you know what is best, but I'm going to play devil's advocate.   I don't know much history, but if stbx is awful to you...if you share 50/50 then chances are higher for him to alienate your ds from you.  In fact it could be happening already, if he is undermining your parenting standards, not enforcing boundaries, etc.   Many women who initiate divorce often...
Sigh.  Some day we will cherish those late nights, hey?  But it sure makes for some long mama-zombie days in the meantime...
The cold could have been RSV (which can present as a mild cold to start) that caused viral bronchiolitis (and respiratory distress).  The inhaler would help clear the lungs and reduce the risk of it developing into pneumonia.  Besides family history, a history of eczema, reflux, allergies can also increase the risk of developing childhood asthma.  I would keep the inhaler and watch for other symptoms, eg night coughing.    How is your babe doing now?
This.  It can be done this way.  Better to know than to not be tested and later find out there was lead exposure you didn't know about.  I would want to know WHY the ped recommends it.  If there are high average blood lead levels in your community then I would get the test.  No amount of lead is healthy.  
Same issue here!  I've given up and just expect late nights.  You tube toddler-friendly videos have gotten me through when I am too exhausted to do anything but sit in front of the computer with her on my lap (fortunately for me she likes to stay close and snuggle).   I have found that a catnap earlier in the day can get a bedtime as early as 8:30 or 9 pm (but a long nap means a 11 pm bedtime here too).  27 months is almost old enough to drop the nap for some toddlers (if...