or Connect

Posts by Alpenglow

mir44, can you get yourself to a lawyer asap?  This sounds like abuse and parental alienation syndrome, especially since you and your son had a good bond before. Your x could be feeding his gf (and your son) lies about you too.  Good counselling with a counsellor who understand abuse dynamics and how this impacts parenting/children is essential.  A local DV shelter might have access to some of those resources for free.  Document document document....and don't share...
Hi everyone.  I haven't lurked or participated in this forum before, but I have a question that I thought might get some responses here.   Without posting too much personal information online, suffice to say I have experienced some challenging life circumstances lately and am feeling the need to connect with real people and a supportive community.  In short, I am lonely and want my children to grow up as part of a community of caring people.  I used to consider myself a...
Honestly, if they are that toxic, I wouldn't bother. It will probably just end up hurting you or the kids at some point.   It's not your responsibility to initiate the relationship, but if they appear willing to be CONSISTENT with kindness and if they want the relationship, then you might go along with it and foster a relationship that way (following whatever court orders you have).  A father who acts like a child and rejects his child over crying and rejects them for...
Ok maybe it's an overgeneralization to say that father's rights movement is moving male entitlement into law courts.  There are of course legitimate reasons for fathers (and mothers) to have rights.  I don't doubt that there is lawmaker/judge bias.....and that's basically what I was getting at with this comment.  all it takes is one judge who is biased to bring his (or her) entitlement issues/biases into the courts, and make a decision that is actually harmful to the child...
Does your x smoke?  3rd hand smoke residue could lower immune function.  Lots of people have allergies to scents also, so there could be a reaction to the cologne.     But my guess is that it's just plain poor hand hygeine on your x's part could be behind it.  He could be touching every sneezed on doorknob or tap and smearing it (without knowing it) all over his clothing, and then little one's hands/face get on the clothing.  Viruses live on surfaces for a long time.  I...
If he has a DUI record, it may help your case.  Custody issues aside, I would still be phoning 911 to report a driver who appears to be under the influence. It's a public safety issue that affects everyone.  He could kill someone.  If you are afraid of not being anonymous, just go to a payphone or restaurant and call from there if you have to (eg say you were eating and saw a patron leave, driving x vehicle, who appeared drunk".  Someone else's child's life could depend on...
How about your local DV shelter - maybe they have some resources or access to pro bono legal advice?
Can you just say something to the judget that IS true that emphasizes why it's best for the kids, without pissing x off?  Maybe his work takes him out of town unpredictably?   etc.   It's strange a judge would just think a certain schedule is best for the children.  Are you sure the judge isn't more concerned with the amount of child support that would come with your schedule?   (And btw, I agree with previous poster to modify your signature and identifiers.  Be careful...
So I found out it is considered neglect.  My lawyer says that the police would be called and CPS breathing down our necks.  He was pretty adamant that the issue needs to be addressed and was very concerned about his judgement.   I ended up not confronting x directly....but indirectly in a way that hinted I knew, but indicated not to ever do that again.  It will be discussed in mediation.  I'm editing/deleting the first part of this post for security/privacy reasons....