or Connect

Posts by Alpenglow

Hello - I'm new to the gardening forum, but didn't see any threads answering my question. Our small ugly metal garden shed (ya know, the kind every little yard had in the 70's) collapsed under the weight of heavy snows this winter, and dh wants to put in a greenhouse (yay). Anyone out there have any familiarity with small greenhouses. In particular, anyone know anything about heating the greenhouse by composting? We're in southern BC, very close to the Washington state...
I grew up on well water on a farm. Breast fed till 11 months (still rare in early 70's . lucky me i was smart enough to refuse a bottle! So I got weaned to cows milk in a cup) but there wasn't a huge amount of night nursing once I had teeth. Fed pablum and jarred baby food. No fluoride, chlorine, etc. in our well water or in ingested supplements. I DID get vitamin D supplements as a baby. I did also, however, get the occasional fluoride rinse once I was old enough to...
I got it from my dentist - only available from a dentist. However, the discussion thread i referenced I think has a link to a site (dentist.net??) where you can buy it online. But probably if you ask around at dentists offices they could find you some locally (fairly new product so not all are carrying/using it yet).
I like a big thick slab of raw almond butter, with unsweetened apple butter...and sometimes topped with sliced banana!
If it helps, you're not alone! When I discovered my 11.5 mo dd's cavities (see fairly recent post "cavities on ends of teeth as opposed to gumline. they look like chips on the ends of the 2 front teeth) I freaked out - also couldn't sleep too well as I had visions of nasty dental work, etc. And it seemed every picture on the internet was the "worst case scenario". However, it's been 2 months now, and the cavities have not progressed, thx to better brushing before bed...
i just started using with my one yr old a week ago. she loves the flavour but it's too soon to know if it's doing it's job. http://www.gcamerica.com/mipaste.html has lots of good info on it. If you read their pdf file called "MI Paste Cases 2nd Edition" there's a case study on use with children. check out this discussion (some info on people's experiences with it - very positive) http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=840969
Hi all. I've been perusing this forum and archives (well I didn't get through all of the hundreds of pages) looking for a healthy recipe for a baby's first birthday cake. Hoping someone can help me out Background: We've introduced some of the common offenders e.g. dairy, spelt, whole wheat, eggs with no problems, plus various fruit (but not citrus) and our freezer is still stock full of frozen plums, pears and apples from our trees. She's not tolerating lots of...
I had one done when dd was 6 months. Was told it was safe. Nothing chemical used, just mechanical force. It's a good idea to do before babe's teeth come (correlation between caries in mothers and babes, however my lack of cavities didn't seem to help us!).
In my experience, it's not a substitute for a regular toothbrush. DD is 11 months now (see post cavities on ends of teeth.....). We used it for the 1st two months after top and bottom tooth appeared because she resisted having her teeth brushed. Now she has cavities on her front teeth, which I think could have been prevented by practising better, more thorough toothbrushing (which we're doing now, but I'm scared it may be too little too late. hope to not lose the...
She's only 11 months and one tooth actually came in missing a little chunk (looks like a chip on end of tooth). ya it's pretty annoying to deal with this so young...but we're otherwise really fortunate that she's otherwise very healthy My mom told me my teeth never got brushed until i could do it myself at 2 or 3! Keep us posted as to how it goes and good luck!