or Connect

Posts by Theia

I agree that the DFA site isn't a be all end all.  But it's a good place to start and they do seem good at identifying potential allergens in the foods as well as known carcinogens such as the ethoxyquin in some fish.    Some of the Kirkland foods have sugar beet pulp which is a by-product of the sugar industry and is controversial and thought to be related to some allergies and other illness.  Just wanted to point that out.  I know we all want to feed our dogs well.
I like this site for information about the quality of the dog foods.  Ideally you would want to feed a 4 star or above.  Some of them are more expensive, but much of that is due to the difference in the cost of actual meats being in the food as opposed to the corn and other fillers found in lower quality foods.     http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/
I am sorry that you are likely going to return Bob to rescue.  If you get another small dog in the future, you might consider a doggie playpen.  I have a mini schnauzer (she is 1yo and new to our family last month) and she spends the night in her crate next to my bed.  And during the day when I can't fully supervise her or if I feel she and my toddler DD need a break from each other, she goes into a playpen in the living room.  I got one that is 3ft tall JIC my dog was...
Congratulations!  Are you going to have a divorce party or something?  
I agree.  The more you can do on your own, the better.  Even if you need your lawyer to subpoena the records, just having the information ready for her will make things go more quickly.  
  I hope you are able to get something done with all of this information.  I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for starting this thread.  I'm going to have to write down some of the titles to see if I can find them at the bookstore. 
Great, thank you LoveOhm.  
Could books that would be helpful be listed?  Or should it be it's own thread?  I would really like books that address the diversity of families, and that also address the totally single parent life.  I'm going to be addressing this in the near future too and would appreciate suggestions.  I haven't had to address this yet, but I know it's coming.
Oh my.  I'll second Cycle's suggestions.  I would go to any length possible to fight this judge.  It is totally outrageous of him, and it is unlikely that a peer review would agree with him.