or Connect

Posts by Theia

Sarah Lynne! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and just wanted to let you know I'd be thinking of you and your family. Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy.
I've also heard good things about working with paralegals who don't charge nearly as much as attorneys. They are familiar with the forms and many other aspects of court. They can't give legal advice, but at the very least you would be well equipped should you have to go into court with out an attorney. Hopefully it won't come to that and you will be able to work something out with the attorney you mentioned upthread. And I agree, don't assume that you know what he is...
Thank you Katie, it is so very hard for me to bear. He was the sibling I am closest to both in age and confidences. I am sorry for your loss also.
rachel - Thank you for all of those resources. I will look into them and also pass on the compassionate friends info to my parents. Thank you so much.
rachel_eva - I am so sorry to hear of the manner of how you lost your brother. It helps to know that I am not alone in suffering through this. I mean, technically I know I'm not alone, but in times like this the support of those who understand (or at the very least mean well) is so valuable. Thank you for sharing your experience. It means a lot to me.
marimara - Thank you for your suggestion. The suggestions don't have to be same-sex. I've just been overwhelmed by the many different choices of books on the subject of suicide and would like to narrow the list down. I'm sorry for your loss. I feel our situations maybe very similar. I hope you are healing well from your own loss.
I recently lost my closest sibling to suicide. I am seeking resources to help myself (and possibly the rest of my family) to deal with this loss. There is so much that we don't and likely won't ever know. We do believe that a person knew of his death way before the police and our family found out. But that may be hard to prove. So anyway, I guess I am just looking for resources to help with the confusion and grief that goes along with such a loss. Books,...
Sweetie... I'm not sure exactly what death feels like, but having had such a close experience with it in my immediate family recently, I pray that you aren't feeling that much despair. And if you are, please know that this too will pass. You have options, choices and many tomorrows. And I agree, "things" don't matter as much as what we keep in our hearts. It is very hurtful when precious things are destroyed, but the real gift is the meaning behind those special...
I am so sorry that you feel alone. No one should ever feel alone. I'm sorry your parents aren't being comforting to you in your time of need, but I imagine this isn't the first time either. Maybe....maybe... in the middle of one of your tearful grief sessions (which you are totally allowed to have!) you could yell out at them! "What is wrong with you two sitting there talking about what is on TV tonight (example) when I am over here breaking down and obviously...
We are back at my parents home. I am staying a few weeks while I help them sort through his belongings and our own emotions. It's been exactly one week since our world was turned upside down. Many of you have offered great support and wisdom. I am sure I will be here frequently now as I continue to seek guidance from those who have had this unfortunate experience occur in their own lives. I know up-thread I saw some book recommendations. I would greatly appreciate...