or Connect

Posts by Theia

I'm so sorry. Nurture yourself this weekend. Let it be a weekend of letting go and grieving since it sounds like you didn't really get that before. However you need to get through this, do it so that you can come out stronger when your DS returns home.
A few weeks ago I dealt with my toddlers first 2nd degree burn. I wrapped it in gauze to protect it from being bumped in play and tried to keep it dry. I didn't put anything on it until she popped it a few days later when she had the bandages off. Then I put some anti-bacterial ointment on it that I had from a HFS to heal cuts since I didn't want it to get infected once the blister popped. I continued to wrap it for a few more days. It dried out, and I used nail...
I'm so sorry to hear your latest update. I am glad you have family coming to help you. Please stay positive, don't resign to any particular outcome just yet. Believe that no matter what he will be healed. Wishing you and your family strength and healing.
I'm sorry you BP is up. But YAY for getting to go to the WW class. I'm sure that will help to be in a supportive environment and hopefully you can make some friends to help keep you accountable as well. You know, in a good supportive way. And yay for a man treating you well. You deserve that too. Just be careful, be sure that he is who he is showing you right now. Sorry for the words of warning, it has more to do with my phobia of men right now more than anything.
I don't have experience with the school system there as I didn't have a school aged child. So I'm not sure if they are crowded or what. I do remember that some of the elementary and (I think) middle schools had to be consolidated. They closed down a few schools with low enrollment and combined them into one, is my understanding. I am pretty sure there are still neighborhood schools and not simply one elementary, one middle and one HS, there are just fewer than before. ...
I agree with Chamomile Girl with what she has said. I forgot about I-5 being closed down south. You can usually go north, but Portland is 5ish hours one way.... so not exactly a daytrip. And there are a few places on I-5 N of Ashland that occasionally cause road closures too. Medford is nearby and is the main area people from all over the valley (and much of Southern Oregon) go to for shopping. When I was there there were lots of organic small farms, and many...
COL = Cost of Living. I did have a difficult time making friends there. As I said, between the college students and the tourists, the locals seem a bit weary of new comers. I think I read somewhere that about 1million ppl visit Ashland every year. Much of it is in the warm months March - October, I think that is when the Oregon Shakespeare Festival runs. Once I got used to it, and learned my way around town to avoid the main tourist routes, it was fine. The towns...
I lived there recently. The quick and dirty on it is I love that place! Beautiful, awesome climate, artistic community, super awesome local organic food coop, lively farmers market, great parks (Lithia anyone), and the Artisan Market on summer weekends.... but it's a bit high on the COL and the job opportunities/economy is a thumbs down. Ashland had to rely on it's local citizens to re-open it's public library after it closed a few years back. I love that place and...
I like the idea of a full or queen futon and a toddler mattress (or maybe a thin twin mattress) that you can slide under the futon when it's in couch mode. That way you can still snuggle with each other sometimes and also have your own spaces. Since space is a big deal I'd not buy a toddler bed with frame in your situation.
I hope that your DH is able to come home soon and healthy.