or Connect

Posts by GrowingCrunchy

I'm convinced that ds's rashes were caused mostly by build up, combined with being a heavy wetter in prefolds. Our first step was to stick fleece between his bum and the prefolds and the second was to reduce the detergent amount. I use *maybe a tablespoon of he detergent (Seventh Generation) in my front loader and do 2 white cycles (both on extra wash/extra rinse mode). Every other or every third load, I'll do a third shorter cycle. He almost never gets rashes now and,...
Hmm. While it doesn't net much thanks from people, I've found that my big kids (9, 5 and 4) really enjoy going on litter duty. We live in a rural housing development where animals get into trash, wind blows things around like crazy, and somehow nobody notices that their pizza box has found it's way down the street. The kids like to see who can find the craziest garbage. I think the current list includes a full McDonalds bag (we don't have a single McDonalds within 15...
Quote: Originally Posted by MAMARabbitt The only medication that I've found, that I trust, is medical marijuana. Western medication freaks me out ever since I was medicated for the ADHD when I was younger I'd love to see information on that. Can't say I'd be comfortable with the legality issue, but I'm definitely interested in the theory.
Seventh Generation. I tried many, many others before my grocery store started carrying this one, and I hated them all.
I'm almost ready to sell off my pfs. I haven't found any fitteds for sale that I'm in love with, so I started making my own. For the most part, we've just stocked up on AI2s with a few AIOs thrown in. The AI2's w/snap in soakers are by far the easiest (in dh's and my opinions) to wrestle our 8 month old into.
My most difficult time with night diapering was right around 2 months, too. And my best bet was also Bummis. I think 2 month olds are just shaped weird! I never got around to trying it, but I've always thought that wool longies and/or a wool blanket to lay on would have helped. My grandmother was in the process of knitting some for us when she broke her darn arm! Fortunately, we're not having many night leaks anymore (Little M's nighty dighties and Baby Soft Dreams...
I've been playing around with making all sorts of diapers for my 8 month old for a while, but it was only recently that I went through the closet and recycled some old t-shirts. I made sure to check that everything I used was 100% cotton. We've been cd'ing since ds was a few weeks old, so we have our wash routine pretty down pat. It's very rare that we get a stain on any of the commercial, wahm, or even self-made diapers, but these recycled t-shirts are just refusing...
ADD, wishing for some H here! I never suspected ADD until a few years ago, self diagnosed about two years ago, tried meds 6 or 7 months ago after weighing the risks and benefits while breastfeeding. Saw an immediate improvement in myself, but it waned after a few weeks and I no longer felt the benefits were outweighing the risks. I think I will try a different med whenever ds weans, but not until then. In the meantime, I am going through one of the worst ADD periods...
I don't have much advice, but maybe a *tiny bit of perspective. My ex and I haven't been together since ds was a year old. He pretty much didn't give a fig about holidays until he got married a few years ago and suddenly decided that family things were important. And I still don't think that he cares as much as she does. Ds's stepmom and I have a decent relationship, better than ds's *father and I. But it was still hard for me to adjust to sharing these things after...
Hi, all. I'm excited to find a new place to procrastinate! Let's see... I am a constantly changing mother. I started out as a working, formula feeding, baby bucket and crib using, cry-it-out, by-"THE"-book mom and have inched crunchier as I've gone along for 9 years and 4 kids. Now I'm a sahm, homeschooling 2 of the kids, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, slinging, very selective vaxing, non-circing, organic homemade baby food making, natural childbirthing,...