or Connect

Posts by BoobyJuice

You can try azmamas. Go to yahoo groups then search azmamas. It was formed by an mdc mama and is full of a variety of like minded mamas. There is also Attachment Parenting International. API has meetups in a few places around the valley- and I recognize three of the names as being in azmamas Also try Le Leche League for like minded mamas. Where were you from in Connecticut? I'm guessing upstate . . . we were in Fairfield County for 8 years and you'll find many more...
Quote: Originally Posted by LilyGrace We register with the state we pay taxes in and have a home in. The travel doesn't really matter. But we also don't have review requirements. If we did, I'm sure we'd schedule around that. Same. Register in the state we live in - home, taxes. But we don't have reviews. Each state is different.
We don't travel nearly as much as I would like to. Then again, I'd travel the world full time if I had the chance, so it's all a matter of perspective With your's being only 21 months, it's a great chance to do some traveling with them and get them used to it. Many people never travel when their children are little, waiting until they are older and think it'll be easier. While it definitely does get easier as they get older, it'll also gets easier as they know what to...
Noni, You don't have a location listed so I'm not sure where you are. When and how you have no notify depend on your state. Arizona, which is where I am, for instance, you only have to submit a form of notification when the child will be 6 before the start of the school year. As for finding homeschoolers, again don't know where you are. If a google search isn't doing it, you may have a state homschool organization that could make local recommendation for groups (also...
How long do you wait after taking antibiotics to take probiotics or eat yogurt? I hardly ever take antibiotics so I can remember; I know last time I had to it was some number of hours. Anyone know? Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move We read at bedtime as part of unwinding. To me, it isn't about homeschooling/unschooling but just part of our bedtime routine. We also listen to books on tape in the car. The library has a large selection of books on CD. BTW, I think that taking my kids to the library every week has had a more powerful effect on their learning than any thing else I've done. We have one day a week set aside for errands, and...
It's not that we do nothing with them all day, expecting inspiration to come to them, for them to request to be taught something. I feel that they more they are exposed to, the more they can find to interest them. We go the zoo, the botanical gardens, the science museum and the children's art museum and children's theater. We have books, books, books, large wall maps, puzzles, blocks, a telescope, etc. We discuss everything we see. We ask questions and answer them when...
I loved school. I was good at. I thought learning was fun and really liked to go. With that said, we're pretty much unschoolers. They ask questions, we answer. We point stuff out, they ask about it or ignore it. I've been happy with keeping the same pace of life most people have with toddlers - pointing out leaves and bugs and talking about the cool books we're reading. But my oldest is about to turn 7. He's smart. I'm starting to feel like "doing" something with him....
I feel for you. My life isn't nearly as crazy as a midwives but it definitely defies scheduling. My husband and I run a portrait photography business - he does the photos, I do the digital editing, website, etc. One week we may have no one, the next we may be totally slammed. But when someone called and says they are due two days from now and want maternity photos, oh the just thought of it, wish they'd called earlier, pretty please? you go. It's custom, on location (we go...
I haven't been over here in a long time. This is a fun thread to read. There isz such diversity on this board. I design tshirts for cafepress. It's only a couple of dollars commission but it's fun. For real work, my husband and I run our own portrait photography business specializing in families (maternity and newborns mainly, although we do whole families and kids to). He's the photographer and I do the digital editing/graphic design work.