or Connect

Posts by namellea

My 12 month old is 27 lbs. I know, huge! And he's 31 inches tall. He is in an Evenflo carseat rearfacing that we originally bought with our first child almost five years ago. The Evenflo seat says on the back that it is only for rearfacing up to 30 lbs. Since I want to keep my big boy rf, I am in the market for a new seat. I want a convertible that I'll be able to use with him as long as possible (hoping this could be our last purchase of a carseat??). What...
Thanks crunchy mama. Yeah- - he doesn't really nurse or bottle feed "to sleep". He gulps it down vigorously. His eyes are closed, but he moves arms and legs in a way that tells me he is basically awake. He has never stayed latched when he's "done". When he is done, he unlatches himself and definitely doesn't want anything to do with my nipple!! He makes that clear by turning his head and if I try to encourage it he arches his back and fights me off. That's...
Thanks Catie! Yes, I eliminated all dairy from my diet (when I was exclusively breastfeeding) and several other things. None of that helped. Even a teeny bit. I am sad to hear you say its within the realm of "normal" but alas... maybe it is. Ick. Also sad to hear how long it took for your lo to "outgrow" this. But its all temporary, even if temporary is longer than I would have hoped. Thanks.
So my nine month old has NEVER been a good sleeper. He spent his first six months never sleeping more than a 45 minute stretch at a time. (no exaggeration). We figured out he has reflux, exhausted the non medical approaches, and tried a few meds before finding one that seems to work. We now medicate him for reflux. He had an upper GI study to rule out physical causes and there were no problems. He's better, but not good. After nursing or bottle feeding him to...
After block feeding for 2 wks things really seemed to have evened out for me and my eleven week old, but then I pumped both breasts after an am feeding the last three days so I could be away for a couple hours last night. He consumed only three ounces of the 8 I pumped. I have three more months before I return to work , but I'd like babe to keep getting weekly bottles so he'll take one when necessary and so I can start to freeze some. But, after three days of pumping...
We are using those ubiquitous MAM pacifiers. I keep saying I'm going to quit using them, but give in so he's not crying. He seems to have a really strong need to suck and just can't comfort suck. We have used them sparingly since he was about three days old (when I was in pretty severe pain and he needed to suck 24x7). He uses them mostly at nighttime and evenings. Or in the car, though we aren't car people so that's not much. What do you mean "tongue slipping"? ...
pbjmama: He weighed 9 lbs 2 oz at birth, so he was a big boy to start (and nine days "early"!). I don't think he's enormous either, just big. He's 95th percentile. But obviously I'm not worried about his weight. He did lose a bit after birth, but was back to birth weight by one week old. I thought 6-8 min feedings were quick. He just can not comfort suck. Because of that, I do use a pacifier with him. He unlatches himself then...and sometimes tries to relatch...
3girls1boy: Raynaud's - - my nipple always looks like lipstick compression with white right along the creased end. I get the compression even when the latch is good and there's no pain. I think I could have this....as perhaps this is the pain later in the feeding due to the unlatching and relatching- - the cold air? It would also make sense that its worse at some times and not others (when its colder? I'll have to try and pay attention) and the worsening of pain...
Possibly I just need a pep talk, but I am wondering if there’s any additional advice for me. I am going to write out what we’re struggling with and doing- - some of which may or may not be breastfeeding related. I have a healthy 10 week old who has gained faster than average. He’s 14.5 lbs. At around six weeks I felt like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, as some latches were not painful anymore (I had a lot of pain early on, but no open wounds ever...
I have this too, and have been going to a chiro. The thing that seems to have helped the most is that when it got really bad I treated it like a sports injury: lay off much extra movement and walking, but don't be so still as to get stiff (get up and walk a bit every hour) and ice the area (yep, ice right on my pubic bone) for 15 minutes several times a day. I think that got the inflammation down and I have been getting much better results from exercises and chiro...