or Connect

Posts by misidawnrn

I work every other weekend, Friday-Monday 12 hour shifts=24/hrs a week or 48 hours/pay period.  We do school 4 days a week, either Mon-Thurs or Tues-Friday.   I have our work all planned out as day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4.  That way no matter if it is a Monday or a Tuesday, it is day 1, etc.  It works great for us.
I am working on my final paper for my BSN and I am chosing to do my final paper for my BSN on the physiological and psychological needs, including demographics of women who choose homebirth as an option. If you would please answer some basic questions-you can PM them to me or email me at misidawnrn@yahoo.com I would really appreciate it. Even if you chose homebirth but ended up transferring, please answer if you are so inclined to do so. Thanks so much in advance. 1....
I have looked at a lot of CNM programs and I have decided on Frontier.  In fact, I just sent the rest of my application packet yesterday in hopes of getting in the class starting in February!!!! I can't wait to get started.
I feel your pain!  I HS DD (1st grade also) and I work 24 hours a week (two 12 hour shifts) AND I am taking 19 credits this semester working toward my Bachelors in Nursing so I can get my midwife/MSN.  I have found that I just have to do school.  It needs it's own time, set aside just for that (OK, I do a load of laundry or 2 while she is working)  I can't let it slide or I would let it continue to slide and I don't want her in public school or behind.  We have a routine...
2 year old DD got scarlet fever last week from Group A Strep (same as strep throat but she didn't have a sore throat). I posted a picture of her on my Facebook.   fast forward 2 days and I am at work and another nurse asked how she was doing. Here is the conversation between 3 of us.   Nurse 1.  "How is Sarah doing?" Me: "She is crabby and her rash is now very itchy" Nurse 2. "Boy your kids really get sick when they get sick!" Me:  "I know!  We don't take...
Check out this website  http://www.purplecrying.info/   we are just starting to have our new moms watch this at my hospital.  My adopted DD cried for most of the day for the first 6 weeks of life because she was withdrawing from the antidepressant Celexa.  I wore her skin to skin in a moby and that helped and I am adoptive nursing her...still at age 2.  That also helped.  She was very very irritable and it seemed nothing made her happy.  It was very frustrating to say...
Here is a boatload of blogs with homeschool room pictures!!!! drool away....I did! http://heartofthematteronline.com/nbtsbh-2010-week-2/comment-page-1#comment-80631 
I didn't read all of the replies but DD 23 months is just now getting to where she will usually eat what we are eating. She only weighs 23 pounds but I think she looks healthy.  She loves pasta and chicken and steak-as long as it's medium rare and tender...not overcooked.  Hates hamburger, hot dogs etc.  SHe will eat junk till the cows come home if I let her and she loves veggies but HATES fruit.  The only fruit she will eat is grapes.  I did get her to eat one slice of...
I am not using the entire ABeka curric but most of it.  I am using Letters and sounds, language, spelling, and math.  We are doing science and history via reading and a cool thing about the human body that I printed off from ?curriclick?.  We do reading with books, books and more books.  I have her read and tell me about it.  I find that it doesn't require a lot of prep work.  I just keep the planner open to that week and pull out the sheets for that day.  I think it...
Here is how I "hope" to be doing homeschool with ME in school... I will let you know in a few weeks if this is a reality as I start school full time (19 credits my first semester!!!) on Wednesday.   First of all DD is 1st grade so her work is a lot easier to teach.  I also switched to all ABeka curriculum for ease of teaching and DD loves the worksheet/workbook format.  Second....I am getting and IPAD.  There are so many apps on there that will help.  I really...