or Connect

Posts by Sigrid

I got this brilliant idea to clean the house so we can start the year off "right."  Oh boy, oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?  Our boys share the master bedroom and that's where we decided to start. We got rid of so. much. junk.  We spent quite a bit of time on it, moving the beds around, cleaning underneath them, cleaning out all the shelves and drawers and the closet, wiping the blinds down, all that jazz.  Tomorrow we will conquer the rest (or most, hopefully)...
One thing we're going to do is to make more food at home rather than order in or go through the drive thru.  I don't even want to think about how much money we "waste" on that.  We've also let our Costco membership lapse, and the clerk at the grocery store was telling me how he gets a much bigger bag of the chips I was buying at Costco for less than the store price.  I know you have to be careful because not everything is a deal there.  But I honestly think we spend more...
We live in a 1400 sqft townhouse, and chose to give our kids the master bedroom.  They have waaaay more stuff than we do so it made more sense to give them the biggest room.  The husband and I have never really spent a lot of time in our bedroom anyway, so it's used for sleeping and holding clothes. My husband uses the third bedroom as a home office.  We've talked about him boxing that all up and putting it in the garage.  He was a part time student for quite a few...
Some earthy-ish names: Iris Willow Amber Dahlia Rain Sky Sunshine Indigo Stormy I don't know what to suggest for a last name. Good luck!
I think my husband would go in there and cause such a huge stink. Who knows if it would work, but it's better than doing nothing.
I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander (minivan) with AWD. I think it handles really well. I don't have studded tires, and the only time I've had problems were on super slick ice where there should've been gravel but it hadn't been put down yet. Love my minivan!
I just bought my husband some new underwear, and he had similar criteria as yours. I ended up getting these from Fred Meyer. They had a deal going where you buy one pack and get the second pack half off. http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/...es/114835.aspx
Quote: Originally Posted by AstridS Would you like to share how you came up with your screen name? It's my DD1's name so obviously I love it! It's my middle name. My grandpa was from Denmark, so our family has a lot of Scandinavian names.
My name is Brittan. The only reason I don't like my name is because people call me Brittany all.the.time. Other than that I get a lot of compliments and comments on how different it is. I've met only one person with the same name as me and it was a guy named Britton. Astrid-- I love that name, and it's always been our "girl" name, but I've only had sons. I love the name so much I get bummed out that I'll never get to use it.
Oh man, tonight's shows had me in tears. Mike