or Connect

Posts by Halfasianmomma

Oh and as for "how to get out of it", well, I think that this needs to be established BEFORE you move in. In my case, I was clear with my folks that if we found that living together didn't work, at any time, that I would move out with DD and that it would in no way mean that I loved or respected them any less. They also promised to tell me straight away if they felt uncomfortable in any way...
I did.   When DD was 15 months old, I left my abusive alcoholic XH to move in with my folks. Didn't really have much of a choice in the matter since my XH threatened to keep me prisoner in our apartment if I didn't give him custody of DD.   My parents and I share a single-family 3 story detached home. There are 3 bedrooms; my parents each have their own. DD and I share the master bedroom, each with our own beds. It's a narrow house, so quarters are tight...
I don't know what sending an email would do, but sending a letter of demand, via bailiff, to both the opposing party's lawyers and the opposing party himself, could get the ball rolling. A copy of the letter, with the bailiff's report, can be added to your file at court. However, because your child isn't in any immediate danger, I don't see how a judge would really care. See what your lawyer says; methinks this will end up costing you lots of money and not yield anything...
Ok I'm baaaaaaaack. Finished the last course I was working on with a nice juicy A+.   I'm now studying FT, doing my masters' degree. Aieeee someone save me! This semester, I've got 1 undergraduate course in adult education, and 2 graduate courses in distance education (one rather theoretical and one regarding online tutoring). So far, I tried working on all three courses at once but it got WAY to confusing because the topics were all very similar, as were the...
Just wanted to chime in and say that my DD will be 4 in July and she still waits until the end of the day to poop in her nighttime diaper or if she wants to go before, she demands a diaper to poop in.   For her, it used to be about constipation, but now it's clear that she is refusing to poop on the toilet because she plain doesn't want to. She's a stubborn girl and she does things HER way when SHE is ready. I have no answer to this conundrum, seeing as DD is almost...
Today was an easy going gym day...only 15 minutes on the elliptical and a good 45 minutes of stretching. Will probably dance tango for several hours tonight, so that'll be some good cardio.
wow, you're disciplined on the calories front. I can't seem to do that, probably because I'm hypoglycemic and need to eat often. The only diet modification I've been able to stick to is having a 32 oz green smoothie every morning.
  Sren, can you explain your "mod cal" days? I'm curious...
You mamas rock. I've been lazy!   Aside from two four hour tango sessions in the past two weeks, I haven't done anything.   Today I did 60 minutes of African-Latin aerobics at the YMCA. Going to sign up at a gym closer to home this week for when I'm out of a job and able to work out 4 days a week!
oh geeez, I just realized that you currently work FT. In that case, I would really consider dropping your job and living on student loans. I will be leaving my well-paid FT job in a month to start my degree, but this is after carefully budgetting and saving a good amount of money (also, I live with my parents so my expenses are very low).